Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lake Erie Charter fishing

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
I did, we had customers out. I tend to stay in my lane when I have work people out. That had to be some of the fastest action I have ever seen out there! Three of the five guys had never really trolled before so there were several mishaps until they figured out the program. We lost fish and tangled lines and still got them in less than two hours. I think if we would have had everybody on the program and took it a little more serious we could have gotten them in an hour. It was unreal!!!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I did, we had customers out. I tend to stay in my lane when I have work people out. That had to be some of the fastest action I have ever seen out there! Three of the five guys had never really trolled before so there were several mishaps until they figured out the program. We lost fish and tangled lines and still got them in less than two hours. I think if we would have had everybody on the program and took it a little more serious we could have gotten them in an hour. It was unreal!!!
Chad told me you were on board. I asked if you tried to touch the tip... when he said “no” I knew something was up. Customers, now it makes sense.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
This crew wanted to cast for them today. So at 1030 am we only had 3 fish in the cooler. I showed them the trolling gear I had down in the cuddy cabin and told them we could probably catch some trolling. So they decided to try. We finished up at 230 with all our fish.
20190629_153427.jpg

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Had another charter today. Had a 5 year old boy on the boat today. He was a trooper and reeled in plenty of fish. The sheephead and white bass bite is in full swing right now for some reason. I would estimate we caught 3 trash fish today for every walleye we caught. Still managed their 4 person limit plus another one I reeled in at the end while clearing all the lines.
20190714_145710.jpg

Chass

The Hills
Went out yesterday, had two groups. I was not on Chad's boat but we had a good time and caught our limit. Was extremely warm, I got extremely sick but just kept reeling fish in. Captain Hammer had us working for them, which I didnt mind cause we all learned how to run 10 poles ourselves. Chad and our other crew beat us in and also had a great time. Anyone thinking about doing this should!

Chass

The Hills
Dang Cody I didn't know you got sick out there. Sorry to hear that.
It's all good, I'm just glad we had overcast for most of the time we were out or it woulda been way worse. We all had a good time, from the looks of your crew they must have just been reeling the fish in they were way too clean. 2nd fish my brother went to unhook exploded all over him. We had to work for em but we sure learned a lot quick.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Seems like every group that goes out gets their limit....I’m sure it’s the captains experience that puts the people onto fish. Is there a “best” time of year to go or is the fishing great the entire season?

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Fishing is not great the entire season. Experience and networking with other fisherman help alot. This lake is huge and conditions change daily, as do fish movements and what they are feeding on. The high numbers of catchable walleye in the lake is contributing to good catch rates right now, but it is fishing. There are no guarantees that you will limit out. Fishing gets tougher on the western basin as the water warms up in late July and August. May and June I would say are the best 2 months to be there for the average fisherman. Weather is usually favorable. April produces limits of bigger fish usually but the weather can be very unstable. Fall is a great time to fish for walleye also as they are feeding heavy and putting on weight for the upcoming winter. Walleyes can be caught 12 months a year on lake Erie. Right now are the good ole days on lake erie as far as walleye are concerned.

twireman

Kingston, OH
Just want to say a big thank you to Chad for putting me, my two friends from work and their family on some fish today. We got our six man limit in three hours. He and his first mate Dave worked very hard keeping us on fish constantly and avoiding a ton of other boat traffic while sometimes reeling in two fish at a time and even four fish at a time once!
This was my first time on Lake Erie and to my knowledge the first time I’ve ever caught a walleye. It could not of went smoother for us and I will be booking a trip for next year.
You know you picked the right charter service when other guys are calling your captain and asking what’s working for him because they aren’t getting the numbers they want. Meanwhile your limit is in the cooler!.Thanks again Chad!