Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lake St Clair 9/20-22

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Some friends and I went up to St Clair and held a small bass tournament. This is our third year doing it. This time the weather cooperated and we had a good weekend.
We use my buddy Shawn’s boat and I’ll tow it. We dock the boat at “Ken’s gas dock” in St Clair shores area. They treat us great and even have a trailer on site if you just want to stay there. Nothing fancy but a place to crash.
Ken and the folks who work for him are great people. They even cooked for us. Burgers and dogs and usually have a pot of chili on as well.
We pulled in and ran to one spot to checkout, caught a couple smallies right of the bat and left it. Went back to the dock and went and hit a bait shop that Shawn had found online.The owner was real helpful on tips and tricks on the lake.
Had a good dinner Friday night, food was good and plentiful. So much so, I had it for dinner Saturday 😂
Hit the lake before daybreak and took off right at 7. We headed to the Canadian waters to fish some structure that is referred to as the dumping ground. We would drift from the Canadian side to the Michigan side and adjust a couple boat lengths in either direction. We averaged a fish every other drift. But there were times when we’d catch two on one drift.
End of day one we had 15lbs with one being 5.29 lbs. We were in first place by 2lbs at that point.
Day two the weather started out the same as Saturday. We fished 10 hours on the first day and 6 hours on the second, then we drive back to Ohio. So we stayed in Michigan and fished the spot that we hit Friday.
We caught our limit fairly quickly and tried for one big fish. It didn’t really happen, but the 3lb one we caught would have to do.
Well we went to weigh in at the end, and it seemed we only needed to catch one fish as everyone else struggled and no limits were weigh.
We had 13.5lbs on day 2. Walked away with a few bucks, but the bragging rights for the year! We also won by a 10lb margin 😂

Had a great time, with old friends and goy caught up for the year.
image000000.jpeg
image000000.jpeg
IMG_8934.jpeg