Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Last Erie ice trip of yr .

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Fished Sunday afternoon and Monday and fininished strong . Fished with my dad and brother Sunday and Monday Jbrown and his cousin came out .

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
We were about 7-8 miles out on Sunday and Monday fishing near the can line .

Gern....won't be long . Hopefully the conditions are good for the jig bite ....and trolling for big girls .

Made walleye chowder last night . Delicious option if your looking for something different to try .

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
We were about 7-8 miles out on Sunday and Monday fishing near the can line .

Gern....won't be long . Hopefully the conditions are good for the jig bite ....and trolling for big girls .

Made walleye chowder last night . Delicious option if your looking for something different to try .

Great minds think alike. I TOO made Walleye Chowder last night for my poker buddies. Dam it went down good

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Apparently so . Lol

3-5 bacon slices
Butter
Green bell pepper
Red bell pepper
A med onion
3 celery stalks
A can of corn or cup of frozen corn
3 medium red potatoes
1/4 cup flour
Can of chicken broth
3 cups milk
Small container of heavy cream
Salt and pepper to taste
1-2 tsp of old bay .
1.5 to 2 lbs trimmed walleye cut into 2" chunks .

Chop bacon and Brown in pan until crisp . Chop vegetables while bacon is cooking Add a couple tablespoon butter and then add chopped celery, onion , and peppers . Once onion is cooked add a little more butter and olive oil . Once heated add flour and stir while the ensuing paste cooks a bit stirring continuesly. After a couple minutes add milk and chicken broth as well as cubed red potatoes and corn . Season mixture to taste . Simmer until potatoes are done , then add cream . Heat briefly then pull of the stove and add the walleye . Gently stir the walleye in and let it sit 8-10 minutes . Check walleye to ensure it flakes .
Spoon into a bowl and enjoy ....

This is basically how i made it .