Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Last nights goose bashing!

Kaiser878

ohio
Whent last night for a little goose bashing with two of my buddies! THis is the spot I am trying to get Curran to come hunt on! I just dont think he wants to hunt me with!!!!! ha

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Dang!!! Callin' me out and everything....

I'm watching geese fly behind the house this afternoon, and it's driving me crazy that I can't make it over there to hunt today. This dang work stuff today & Mr. Mom this evening keep gettin' in the way of having fun.

Nice pic buddy!!:smiley_cowboy:

Kaiser878

ohio
What do you guys do with all that goose meat? I'd probably keep legs and breasts and grind it up. It's been 20 years since I goose hunted.
We make a lot of goose jerky. I also have a buddy who is making goose sausage. WHen he makes it he will just give me half of it!

IF I am cooking it I make a stew. I take a pot of beef broth, onions, potatoes, carrots, celery, and various spices. I bring it to a boil then put the goose breast in it with an old leather boot. After two hours I take the goose breast out and throw it away then serve the boot in a steaming bowl of stew!

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
What do you guys do with all that goose meat? I'd probably keep legs and breasts and grind it up. It's been 20 years since I goose hunted.
I have been saving up goose breast this season to take to the meat processor and have Brats and sticks made. I think I have 10 gallon bags of goose breast meat to take in and I have made my buddies take the last 15 or 20 we have shot.