Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LC9 anyone?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Considering switching things up. Been a regular Glock 26 lower back carry position guy for awhile. Was thinking of switching to appendix carry. I have an appendix holster for my XDS45. Been carrying this the last few weeks. This began because I'm ready for a new holster for my Glock. What I am realizing is the frame of the XDS45 is too large to be comfy in the appendix carry. The frame of the Glock 26 is not much different. They are fine walking or reclining. My work has me in and out of equipment, squatting, kneeling, etc. In these situations the appendix carry has the bottom of the holster digging into my femeral artery area. Not comfy! This made me think about my Dad's LC9 I am storing for Mom. Smaller frame might just work for his carry position. I simply don't have e a lot of experience with the LC9. Anyone care to share their experience with them? It would be rewarding to put it to use since it was my Dad's. I just don't know if they were a solid gun or not. Any known issues?

Second part of this: if I go the LC9 route, what is fair market value? Storing dad's guns is one thing. If I am going to carry/use it, I want to pay my Mom fair market value. It is only right. As I see it, my mother owns them since dad passed away. I am only securing them.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
From what I’ve seen of the LC9’s Phil is they’re a base line gun, nothing fancy but like most Rugers they seem like a solid performer. That’s about my experience with them.

Now the holster is a different story, Jagermeister had been saying how much he liked the Tulster holster. Well I bit the bullet and pulled the trigger on one and it was a wise move on my part. I was new too the whole carry situation and didn’t want to spend money on a trial and effort program that leaves a pile of unused holsters.
Ordered it and haven’t been disappointed as of now, it’s been about 3-4 months since getting it and other then when driving you seriously don’t even know it’s there, I have a bad habit of constantly checking to see if it’s still there.
Money well spent.

Reactions: at1010

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
It is possibly a holster AND gun issue. Maybe the larger frame, thus requiring a larger holster is the issue. I leave my pistol in my vehicle during church. Today, I noticed the holster being uncomfortable while in church.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
It is possibly a holster AND gun issue. Maybe the larger frame, thus requiring a larger holster is the issue. I leave my pistol in my vehicle during church. Today, I noticed the holster being uncomfortable while in church.

See the Tulster is very comfortable without it as well... And I carry the shield which about the same size or a little larger then the LC

Wmiller07

Why do you leave your gun in the car during church? I always carry at church. There have been multiple church shootings during service.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Why do you leave your gun in the car during church? I always carry at church. There have been multiple church shootings during service.

Because it is the law. Unless you get permission,you cannot carry. We changed churches around a year and a half ago. I wanted to ask, but have not yet. Didn't figure that was a question you ask at introductions. I actually think the pastor would encourage it here. Our old church of 20yrs. . Never.

Wmiller07

Thankfully my dad is the pastor so I can carry as he does too. Honestly even if they wouldn't allow it I probably would anyways. I'm tired of gun free zones getting people killed.

Because it is the law. Unless you get permission,you cannot carry. We changed churches around a year and a half ago. I wanted to ask, but have not yet. Didn't figure that was a question you ask at introductions. I actually think the pastor would encourage it here. Our old church of 20yrs. . Never.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I think the walther pps m2 is the best single stack strikerfire 9mm out there

What are your thoughts on the LC9 Tom? I do like Walther pistols. Dad had a PPKS too but it is almost too pretty to carry. Not sure I'd want to carry the 380 anyway. I'm a 9mm or 45 guy.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Phil, a lot of it is the holster. But some of it may just be body type and preference. Everyone has their own comfort level.

I carry all Tulster holsters these days and all at the 1:00 appendix position. I hardly ever carry my Shield anymore too. More often than not, I'm strapped with my Glock 26. I will say though that I just carry with the flush 10-round mag. I have a couple mags with extensions and they just print too much for my preference.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Might have to splurge on a Tulster to try it. I've been mainly Cross Breed. My Glock holster is a CB knockoff made by an Ohio guy. Appendix carry for the XDS45 is CB though and doing more digging I to my leg than I care for.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
I'll second the Tulster that J and JB are using. I got one for my Shield 9mm. Phil I don't know anything about the LC9 but I just bought a LCP380 for 169 at our Local store and I really like it for my summer shorts as a pocket carry.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Might have to splurge on a Tulster to try it. I've been mainly Cross Breed. My Glock holster is a CB knockoff made by an Ohio guy. Appendix carry for the XDS45 is CB though and doing more digging I to my leg than I care for.

I tried a few different ones for AIWB and what I found is less = more. There isn't much to the Tulster, so there is less potential surface that can dig into this part or that part of the body. Single clip, all kydex.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
100% guaranteed I'd do more damage throwing an LC9 than shooting one. My hands are too big for those small framed guns. That's why I want to go to a Glock and ditch the PT709.

Phil, Fluteman bought a sweet Alien Gear kit. Maybe he'll chime in on the holster front cause it's a pretty badass setup.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
100% guaranteed I'd do more damage throwing an LC9 than shooting one. My hands are too big for those small framed guns. That's why I want to go to a Glock and ditch the PT709.

Phil, Fluteman bought a sweet Alien Gear kit. Maybe he'll chime in on the holster front cause it's a pretty badass setup.

Dad had only a few pistols. Never had his CCW but the last couple years had bought a couple "carry sized" pistols. He picked up an LCP and the LC9. There is a considerable difference in size. I know Aaron suggested the LCP. I'm sure it would fit in a pocket really well. I just cannot get comfy with it. Too tiny. The LC9 is probably in between the LCP and a Glock26 or Springfield XDS. Smaller, but not too tiny. I'm curious how it compares in size to the Shield.

I did peek at the Alien Gear holsters. Not sure how I feel about them. They had good reviews from those who carried them, but weren't calling my name.

Maybe Giles has the best idea. I'll just open carry my 44mag and call it a day. Enough with all this fuss of concealing the thing. (y)

Reactions: aholdren and giles

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I own a few Alien Gear holsters as well. They are good quality holsters but they simply aren't for me. Too much bulk and too much effort to put one on or take it off.