Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Learned my lesson...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
As you most know I have started a couple new business ventures and just wanted to vent. I have been blessed with having to turn down work because of scheduling issues. I am really starting to slow down due to the holidays/economy and every job counts.

Well, I scheduled two big jobs the next two weeks and they both canceled on me tonight! I turned down other smaller jobs to do these. I am going to call the other jobs I turned down but I know they will not be available. The timing really sucks...Should have taken a deposit!

Fuggin, fuggars, dang blammit!

Beentown

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio
I feel your pain. Anymore, if it is a decent sized job we just take a deposit. Never did this for years, but in the last couple years with the crap economy I started to do so. I hate that I have to, but I don't work for free and can't afford to get stuck. Sorry to hear it Charles.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio
Sam- There are many days I scratch my head and wonder why I do it. One day every year that comes to mind is April 15th. Hmmmm. . . 80-100hrs a week in the peak seasons and 60+hrs per week in the "slow" time. Then on April 15th I either go "Well this just sucks. I hope the crackheads had a Merry Friggin' Christmas on my tax dollars," or if it is the other way around my thought process is "Well this just sucks. I lived below the poverty line this year, and I put in 80hrs a week to do it. Dang!"

Bottom line truth though? I have been off the leash too long. If I had to work a regular job, I would be fired in the first week. ahaha Good years and bad years, I am fortunate to live in this country and have the ability to run my own show.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I tried to get the work back that I had turned down to no avail. Spent the cash on Christmas.

Ernie,

I have a painting (80% of the work), remodeling (15% ) and powerwashing company. My wife runs a daycare also. I will be doing a lot more remodeling this winter. We have two houses that need flipped. I am just waiting for the go ahead and some cash. I might have some work for others on here as soon as I have the check.

Beentown

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Somewhere OHIO
That sucks bro. I figure your big job people just realized Christmas wasn't as far away as they thought huh. I hope you can get something going to replace the lost money you was hoping for so you and yours can have a good Christmas. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the flips work out for ya :D.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
We will be ok! It just sucks and I don't like to dig into the savings.

Thanks for the well wishes. And if you know anyone needing any work done let me know ;)

Beentown