Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Leather Knife Sheath

Kempire

Wasn't sure where to post this question, but this area seemed halfway reasonable. Does anyone on here do leather work? I have a fixed blade knife I am quite fond of (and spent a grip of money on), but I'm not in love with the sheath. I'm kicking around having a custom sheath made for it. I'd like a fold over bushcraft style sheath with a ferro rod holder, possibly a dangler style. Let me know if anyone has any suggestions.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: 5Cent
I am in germany right now and will get back to the US sometime in January. I can make a bushcraft pouch sheath for you. I have done work for a few people on here. I will need the knife and the ferro rod diameter. I no longer make knife sheaths or axe covers without the tool in my possession. The only exception is if it is knife or axe i already own. It is too much of a hassel to make proper fitting sheaths using cardboard tracings and measurements.

20181218_135036.jpg

This is the only picture I have on my phone of my bushcraft knife sheath.

20190623_220824.jpg

Another sheath i made for marbles woodsman. Just as an example of my work.

Last edited:

Kempire

I am in germany right now and will get back to the US sometime in January. I can make a bushcraft pouch sheath for you. I will need the knife and the ferro rod diameter. I no longer make knife sheaths or axe covers without the tool in my possession. The only exception is if it is knife or axe i already own. It is too much of a hassel to make proper fitting sheaths using cardboard tracings and measurements.

View attachment 91871

This is the only picture I have on my phone of my bushcraft knife sheath.

View attachment 91872

Another sheath i made for marbles woodsman. Just as an example of my work.
The black sheath in the top pic is pretty close to the mark for what I'm looking for. Let me know when you are back and we can chat on it further. The knife is a spyderco bushcraft as a point of reference. Thanks for the reply.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mike