Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Let's the see the Man-tronics!!

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I know I'm not alone on this front because this is definitely a guy thing!!! But... I was playing a little Black Ops online the other night and got to thinking about Greg's set-up and that lead me to another buddy's set-up, and then to wonder what other tech guru's there were on TOO. (Greg is the tech master and he has a sweet as set-up TOO!) I remember when I was about 9 years old, my dad got a bonus from work for the first time in years and we went to Rex Electronics. He bought a sweet set of Cerwin-Vega house speakers with amp and 6-disc changer that night and I remember how cool I thought that was even then! He still has that head unit and I have the speakers in my basement. He's since upgraded to a Bose surround for his office and the living room, both of which will rattle your teeth! Growing up around that type of stuff obviously instilled a love for great sound and picture in me. With that being said, let's see your man-tronic set-ups TOO!!! :pickle:

The boring part of our gig is the 32" Samsung LCD in the bedroom that is linked to the HD/DVR Dish box in the living room. Unlike some, the real action happens in the living room at my house!!! :pickle:

I waited over two years before pulling the trigger on a flat screen TV after they hit the market and I did so right at the LED switch over. While I'm a little disappointed I don't have an LED (yet), I love our TV and really have no regrets in going with the LCD model. We picked up the Samsung 630 series 55" 1080p LCD with 4 HDMI outs and Samsung apps we don't use at Sears earlier this year. We have the Dish Top 200 with HD and DVR in two rooms. (Also have a standard box that runs the TV in the man room downstairs and our spare bedroom.) We had a hell of a time finding a stand we liked until we went to the local furniture store one night and looked at their customizable units made by Ashley. It was painful to pay twice what I originally wanted to spend on a TV stand, but we ended up with a piece of furniture that will last our lifetime, so it’s hard to complain. (And in retrospect, it was actually a really good buy considering how much even Wal-Mart wants for their units.)

I recently pulled the trigger on the two pieces that make the TV work the hardest! I found a killer deal on a Samsung 7.1 Channel Blu-ray Home Theater System with built in Wi-Fi and wireless rear speakers. Unfortunately, I only have 6 of the 8 speakers hooked up at this time because the mid-range speakers require more work than I think it necessary given how good the unit sounds without them! I use the iPod dock all the time when doing dishes or cooking, and the streaming of Netflix is pretty sweet TOO! (It would be a hell of a lot better if they actually had good movies available however!) Last week, I added the last piece to the puzzle with an Xbox 360 with Kinect. I’ve never been much of a gamer, but I do enjoy getting lost in a game of Black Ops and the Kinect Games are a blast when you’re hammered at 2AM!!!

As a child, I dreamed of having a sweet movie watching set-up and after years of dreaming, I finally put together and entertainment center I can be proud of! We love to watch movies and this set-up has made it so going out for a movie and dinner is becoming less and less of a routine. We’ve stayed in and made dinner before watching 2-3 movies more in the past two months than we probably had in the 2 years prior! Great way to save money!!! rotflmao

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 152

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I would love to get rid of my huge 52" 1080 big screen and go with a flat screen. its a great picture but I would love to have the extra room...

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I've been gaming since the original Nintendo came out. A lot of people laugh because of my passion for gaming/PC/Electronics and then in the same week I will hop it in truck and go fishing or hunting. I game on a 42 inch flat screen Sharp Aquos LCD TV. I play Xbox 360 and some PC, I haven't spent the money on a good surround sound system yet, but I do a lot of late night Call of duty playing so I got a Turtle Beach Headset/Microphone setup this year and love it. Nice not having the wife yelling that I'm the volume is too loud.

For the PC side of things, i'm on one anywhere from 8-12 hours a day at work, so when I get home I most likely don't feel like gettin on the PC too much. I have a Dell (can't remember the model for life of me) desktop with a 22in and 19 inch flat panel dual screen setup. Graphics card update for gaming as well as speak/sub woofer setup.

We've only been in this house for a little over a year so I haven't done much modeling to "my living room"/man cave. My deer will be going on the wall in this room in the next week or so as it should be in the next few days. I will get some pics up tonight hopefully.

OK... so you've guys have been introduced to the "nerd" side of me! :smiley_depressive:

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
For you Xbox Livers, send me a friend request: DeerSlyer1023 (Yes, I know. It is missing an "a" in Slayer but that was already in use. Go figure right?!?)

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Its probably because I have two kids, but how in the world do you guys have time to sit around and play video games all the time?

I usually have to stay up extremely late to play like for more than an hour or so, but I have not kids yet so I can work in a few more hours if needed. But it also depends on the time of year too, during bow season, I don't game too much, but it does suck though the last two call of duty release dates have been right around the rut.

But like right now, I've been busy at work and stuff around the house, I haven't signed on in a few weeks. PC hasn't been turned on in about a week either. I put a wood burner in my garage a couple weeks ago so it's hard to stay outta the busch lights and go in the house after work :)

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Its probably because I have two kids, but how in the world do you guys have time to sit around and play video games all the time?

No kids and a wife that doesn't get home until 8:30! I also tend to ignore things that need done around my house!!! :smiley_blackeye: I have a long list of stuff that "needs" done that really is not hurting anything by not getting done. I tend to enjoy my free time knowing that some day, I won't have any. Last night, I spent 3 hours cleaning the house, doing laundry, and cooking dinner. When Tracie went to bed, I played for 30 minutes, then crashed. Tonight, I have nothing to do until she gets home once I get back from the gym, so I'll DVR anything I want to watch later, play Call of Duty until 8, start dinner, watch my DVR'd shows and crash around 11. Repeat again tomorrow except I won't have to hit the gym, giving me another 90 minutes of play time!!!

Buckmaster

Portage
My kids took over the 42" flat screen a couple years ago. I now resort to the 13" 1980's TV in the bedroom when I have time to watch TV.

rrr

I've got an Acer 22" widescreen monitor. On a college campus where everyone has 12 inch (and that's the diagonal) laptops, it's huge. For now that's my tv! I've got a set of old computer speakers that are actually Dolby's and have really good base. Good enough for me!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I used to have one hell of a set up back in the day... but I never did upgrade to the xbox 360 since it came out and that's pretty much where my gaming left off. I used to be fuckin bad ass at Halo. I modded my original xbox and added an 80 gig HD to it... I could rent a game, save it to the harddrive, and return the game... and still have the ability to turn off the mods and play xbox live without getting banned. I still get to play live at my brother's house, or with my brother-in-law every now and then, but that's about it. It's probably a good thing, though. If I had 360 and live right now, there would be absolutely nothing that got done around the house and my wife would divorce me! I get so addicted to those online games that it really interferes with the "important" things. Be that as it may, I will still say that I am extremely jealous of you guys with kick-ass tech setups and gaming systems! :)

i gots a 42 inch lg flat screen in the living room , my desk top with a flatscreen , the wifes lap top , i spend more money on fishing stuff then i do electronics but i did find a 83 inch at aarons i wouldnt mind having , but have no room for it , but if you asked lets see your fishing stuff i could have filled a few pages

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
The kids have a wii I play with them sometimes. They play it on a 52" Toshiba big screen. I think it is 4-6yrs old now. Neighbor gave it to me because his son in law is a dick and he didn't want him to enjoy it. Otherwise we would still be using the 32" LCD in the living room. It is now in the bedroom. More tv than I ever thought we would have in our bedroom. Heck, the big screen is more than I ever thought we would have in our house! Thanks to my neighbor's son in law being a duche! I did help him bring his tv in for him and picked it up for him. I think he overpaid by giving me his "old" tv. Not complaining though.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
In the living room, I've got a 46" Samsung LCD hooked up to a Dish Network HD DVR Receiver. Since I wasn't allowed to play xbox in the living room, my old gaming setup was playing on the computer monitor, a 22" Samsung 1080p monitor with Logitech 5.1 surround sound. Last week I purchased a 46" Samsung LED for my man cave, so I'm working on converting my gaming setup back there. I'll have the xbox 360 hooked up to it, a Samsung BlueRay player, and a Sony 400w 5.1 surround sound system. I've also got a kicker ipod docking station that I will be wiring up to the s.s. in the man room, so it will be bumpin! My man room is pretty much complete now minus new flooring. I'll throw up some pics next week once I get everything wired up and looking pretty.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
i think i have seen every spongebob squarepants episode ever created.....

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I am pretty tech savy. What I like about todays electronics is the ability to have everthing linked together. Internet on my TV. The house is Wi-Fi and we can run multiple devices and never have issues. The TV is nothing outrageous, Samsung 46" 1080 with 240hz refresh. I am in the process of building new shelves for the wall unit. Just this week I placed the TV on a new wall and put it on a full articulating mount. The mount is AWESOME. It goes completely flat to 12" off the wall, tilts and turns any direction with little effort. Walmart online had these for $38 (clearance) and it did more than the $200 mounts other places were pushing.