Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Leverage Climbing Sticks

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
$1.99 a pair at Hobby Lobby. How far apart are you spacing them Flute?

Check with Beener as well, but mine are about 14" apart. By having the strap off to one side of the stick, it will allow you to run the sticks almost vertical up your back. This is especially critical when you are climbing a tree with lots of limbs and things for your sticks to catch on during your climb.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Check with Beener as well, but mine are about 14" apart. By having the strap off to one side of the stick, it will allow you to run the sticks almost vertical up your back. This is especially critical when you are climbing a tree with lots of limbs and things for your sticks to catch on during your climb.

I ended up with mine farther apart, guessing 21 inches. My strap is a long one and I have more gut/chest than Flutey... offset is definitely the way to go.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Pics...

Big H

Medina
OK guys, I have the picture hanger brackets installed. Now how about a pic of the step loop set up? I can figure it out, but since you have already done it, please share.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
OK guys, I have the picture hanger brackets installed. Now how about a pic of the step loop set up? I can figure it out, but since you have already done it, please share.

There is a thread here on it with an instructional YouTube video. Easier to follow it. I would provide the link but it is hard to search on the phone.

riss6270

Hey guys, New guy here. I wanted to put my .02 in here. I have a set of LW sticks that I made a few mods to. I would like to say i would fear drilling any additional holes in any climbing sticks. These are built with the lightest materials to be marketable to hunters. That being said by adding screws you are running the chance of causing a failure in the stick. You could actually tear the aluminum where you installed the screw. I added a few mods such as camo duct tape on all metal to reduce noise as well as added a pursik knot to hold the strap. Works well and does not slide. Just think before drilling into these sticks.

reo

N.E. Ohio
If I remember correctly my Leverage sticks are in the 3 lb each range too. I looked at the hawk site and they are 2.8 lbs each as well. Unless they go to some sort of polymer or carbon fiber we may be at the limit for 30" range sticks