Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LEWT Tourney Cheaters

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
So this has blown up on social media, Chase Cominsky and Jake Runyan were caught cheating in one of the biggest- if not the biggest Lake Erie walleye tourney. Sounds like they’ve won some big money and a boat fishing these ‘eye tournaments, and have been accused of cheating numerous times and even failed their polygraph test after they won the fall brawl a year or two ago, but their attorney saved their asses from the sounds of it. I’m sure more details will be shared over the next week or so, but this is crazy. Shit bags.
5F8B7428-A083-4984-B045-B1F698C409D5.jpeg
8089171A-F3B4-4648-BD42-6B344D39CFC4.jpeg
9887E66C-01B6-4DB6-851A-5B59F8EE240B.jpeg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Yeah saw the video where they were MF’ng him. You get what you deserve. They’ll be charged with a felony before it’s all said and done. Barred from any competition in the future and have the cheater moniker when talked about.
They aren’t the first on certainly won’t be the last of them…

But on the flip side, money brings out the assholes and the finger pointers also. People who deserve too win (in their minds) but don’t. Throw accusations around stirring the pot…..

Jaryn

Ok so I’m new here. This story is insane. I watched the entire video. I watched the other fishermen have their fish weighed and walk away. My question;? Was something off about the combined weight of these fish to challenge it? It was a great call to open these fish!!!

Reactions: Smawgunner2

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
Ok so I’m new here. This story is insane. I watched the entire video. I watched the other fishermen have their fish weighed and walk away. My question;? Was something off about the combined weight of these fish to challenge it? It was a great call to open these fish!!!
Welcome to TOO! 99% of these guys that fish these tourneys are seasoned anglers, and can guess a fishes weight within an ounce or two most of the time. When a fish weighs a pound+ more than it looks, that would likely raise suspicions, and like I said before, these guys already had prior accusations of cheating so that didn’t help either.