Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Life in the ‘70’s and ‘80’s

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
384400FD-787D-4726-A03F-90749B42BFBA.jpeg

Who's that girl on the Wheaties Box?
That is sooo me! Oscar Myers, Toys R Us, Kit Kat, Folgers, Mounds/Almond Joy, Coke, AT&T, Nair, Lucky Charms, and some cat food commercial...
Thanks Sarge! I've been known to walk around singing the theme songs for shows from the 60's. But I can't remember what my daily use log in is at times... I've even called my wife, "Hey you! I don't know what they are paying you to take care of me but it ain't enough!"

• Haha
Reactions: Sgt Fury
Church coffee time!
That obnoxious buzz alarm option on that GE clock alarm or clock radio still makes me jump! It is a noise from anywhere that gets me. They cured me! I smashed them and haven't used an alarm in decades.

But what really made my knuckles itch was when I woke to the click just before the alarm or music came on. I would just wake and that darn buzzer would then proceed to ruin my morning in like 2 seconds.

Yet the absolute worst of all was to wake up, like a minute before the alarm was to go off, roll over and realize it and feel cheated of sleep all day!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I used to think the same thing, but after designing & building ATDs (crash test dummies) for 4+yrs, seeing the data, and a 3 totalled car crash in person, I'm glad it's enforced. I fully support darwinism, but auto safety has saved many many close people to you in one way or another.

It all started with Colonel Stapp when he realized more of his fighter pilots were being injured/killed in 35mph frontal crashes driving to the base than flying in his aircraft. One of my favorite clips on the advances, and that was 12-13yrs ago:

Someone posted a great meme the other day that said when you get a seatbelt ticket from a motorcycle cop you know it's not about safety. 😅👍