Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Life in the ‘70’s and ‘80’s

Blan37

SW Ohio

Fletch

Supporting Member
Rich, I had 2 TSS climbers before the move. Gave em away. I loved those stands as well and packed nicely.
Yeh... I still have 2... I also have a brand new kit to make one, all you have to supply is a piece of plywood... I was sold on them when the owner of the store took me out in the parking lot and went up an aluminum light pole...

Reactions: Jamie

Jamie

Ohio
Ok, in the attic again... First 2 pics are of a Baker tree stand and a TSS tree stand... I loved that TSS.. You could go right up a metal light pole with it... I would still use it today... Third pic is of a Smith Corona ( there's that dreaded word ) typewriter... That's from around 1960... Dave you were still a squiggly thing swimming up river to get out....
View attachment 99921View attachment 99922View attachment 99923

those old stands bring back some memories!

LOL! how in the hell did you get a piece of carpet for your Baker from my parents kitchen floor in 1978?

my first climbing stand was an MKM, and looked almost exactly like the TSS. I added a seat to mine but it had two legs mounted to the platform below where the foot holders are. shot my first deer out of it in 1984 with a bow.

Fletch

Supporting Member
those old stands bring back some memories!

LOL! how in the hell did you get a piece of carpet for your Baker from my parents kitchen floor in 1978?

my first climbing stand was an MKM, and looked almost exactly like the TSS. I added a seat to mine but it had two legs mounted to the platform below where the foot holders are. shot my first deer out of it in 1984 with a bow.
LOL... We bought that carpet to put in our camper...So there was some left over... Those stands definately have memories... Like I said the TSS I'd use today... The baker, definately not... And to think I used to go up 20ft. with no safety belt.... And I always hunted far from the vehicle and no one knew where I was.. YIKES... Baker's always let others know your favorite spot with the marks it left on trees...

Reactions: finelyshedded

Fletch

Supporting Member
I know no one on here remembers this group...THE FUGS...
They had such hits like:
Coca Cola douche
Saran Wrap ( lyrics went something like: rip it off, wrap it up,stick it in
Slum Godess
Boobs Alot

IMG_20200417_192437.jpg

Reactions: Gern186

Fletch

Supporting Member
Who remembers Garcia Mitchel reels... This one's a 301 I'm assuming it's just a 300 except it's the left hand model, this 301... My Dad was a lefty so this was his... I've got the 300 and the 308 which is the ultra light.. I still have a brown conolon ultra light pole... Caught alot of trout with that...
IMG_20200417_130357.jpg

Blan37

SW Ohio
I figured that was a tough one. It's burned into my mind as one of my earlier childhood memories lol. That was from a Mr. Microphone commercial.

Reactions: Fletch

Tipmoose

Supporting Member
Grove City
I figured that was a tough one. It's burned into my mind as one of my earlier childhood memories lol. That was from a Mr. Microphone commercial.

I knew that one...just got here too late to reply.

As to the PH, DMG, MM, FF, DD...and all the 1st edition sourcebooks......got em all out in the garage.

Reactions: Blan37

Blan37

SW Ohio
I knew that one...just got here too late to reply.

As to the PH, DMG, MM, FF, DD...and all the 1st edition sourcebooks......got em all out in the garage.
Nice. My kids talked me into DM'ing for them lately. I don't have any of those old books anymore so it's 5e now. Things sure have changed these days. The PC crowd has taken over the entire scene.

Fletch

Supporting Member
On that pole,, see where the mouse chewed??? We used to put a paper clip there held in place with a rubber band or electrical tape, then leave bail open and put line under paper clip, then when fish bit he could run with bait... Usually when fishing with sawbellies (herring) the fish grabbed the bait from behind then after running aways he'd stop and turn bait around to swallow head first... When he took off again you'd close bail and set hook... Learned that trick from Dustin....

Reactions: finelyshedded

Tipmoose

Supporting Member
Grove City
Nice. My kids talked me into DM'ing for them lately. I don't have any of those old books anymore so it's 5e now. Things sure have changed these days. The PC crowd has taken over the entire scene.

They take over everything...them and the freaks. I used to enjoy going to GenCon every year. Got tired of the freakshow it turned into. Less about gaming and more about pushing every social boundary ever invented.

Reactions: Blan37