Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Life in the ‘70’s and ‘80’s

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
2103E2F7-E267-474B-9B23-E02A3005F062.jpeg

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
My first bike was an old 'road runner' that had a banana seat and the front end looked like a motorcycle front end with bars on both sides of the steering yoke, so you couldn't turn the front wheel 360*, only 180*, and it had stickers on the side bars to look like the front had shock absorbers. Boy, have bicycles come a long ways. I still remember the day my father brought it home, pulled it out the truck of the car, put me on it without any training wheels whatsoever, and my feet would barely touch the pedals. Then he pushed me down the hill straight towards our barn at the time. Needless to say, I crashed into the pasture fence and kind of got messed up a little. That's how I leaned to ride a two wheel bike for the very first time. I think I was like four. I know it was before I attended any school. I loved that bike though afterwards!

It looked just like this one, however with the rear racing strip down through the middle of the banana seat plus a sisy bar behind it, and it was bumble bee yellow in color with black pin strips all over.
download.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Sgt Fury

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Was taught how many ways people try to get free calls so that we could prevent them from getting free calls. Gotta admit, some of the things people would figure out was very impressive. Plyers, drilled holes in certain locations, wire hangers, thread and red box devises were the most frequently used ways.