Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Life just got better

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
I've been stressing lately because I haven't been able to find a place to shoot my bow on base and it was beginning to look like I was going to be assed out.

Yesterday when I went to the gym for my lunch break work out, wore a Magnus Stinger T-shirt. I was on the squat a rack when a civilian who works on base approached me and asked if I was a bow hunter. Well we all know how it goes when we meet another bow hunter and after about 30 minutes of BSing I found out that there is an approved place on base to shoot. To make it even better he's an NCIS agent and got approval through all the "right" people. The better part is it's only five minutes from where I live.

So I'm headed out this afternoon or maybe tomorrow to start shooting again. If I make it back in November I should be GTG!

badger

*Supporting Member*
Great news! I used to work out of town a lot, and when I could I would have my bow with me. Not the same as your situation but similar. It always felt good to go to a range and shoot when I wasn't on the job and couldn't be at home.

Get some pics of the place you are going to shoot at.

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
I liked your pics when you were in Iraq I think shooting piegons. Those were sweet!!

You mean these?

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Did some shooting today. In all honest I didn't do to bad. It's kinda weird how it just seems to come together.

I only shot 14 arrows. The reason being is my bow is 57@28 and feels more like it's 75@28. So to keep from hurting myself and developing bad form I'm starting out slow. 10 out of the 14 would have been a dead deer though.

BTW these are the arrar's that Geezer retro fitted for me. Last year I sent all my carbons to him and he re-fletched em and fixed the broken ends for me.

I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to be able to shoot though. The area I shoot at is going to be closed soon for some training. I've got a back up spot, but we'll see how it goes. I'm even thinking about setting something up inside one of the work bays in my shop. I may come in after work, when everyone has gone home, and shoot inside.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I think I still have an Army CID badge somewhere. Not sure. Haven't seen it in years..

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Next time I see him I'm going to have to find out if they really hire hot Israeli chicks. On a serious not, NCIS always hires hot chicks. One of their agents once told me that it's a common joke because everyone notices.