Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Limb Line fishing..

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Probably isn't going to make UglyKat too happy but i made up and set out 35 limb lines today. I tole yall i shouldn't watch that swamp people show, got me missing home. lol.. I baited them up with salted shrimp with anise extract.. Hung em all on limbs while using my kayak; should be fun running lines fighting fish and turtles in a kayak. lmao.. I'll run them in the morning, rebait, and pull them tomorrow evening. I need to catch a bunch of fish for out TOO get together in June. :smiley_bril:

Lines.jpg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Ol Jack be gon get him sum tree shakers! yeahh boyEE!!

HAHAHAH.. I was pulling up to a tree this morning and said that laughing... "Ohh boy look look der, dats a gud un. we gots one dem tree shakas..." Funny thing is i can do his cajun accent perfectly. Believe it or not his creole accent ain't that bad. I didn't need no subtitles. lmao

Had a good morning. 35 lines and 9 fish, 7 of em good sized keepers in anyone's book. I'll take a 25% average on lines any day. :) We gonna eats till we pop boys.

First Run..jpg

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
That's cool as hell!!

And I was even reading your posts with the swamp people cajun accent. :smiley_crocodile:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

So how many fish you guys wanna eat? :smiley_crocodile:

2nd run today produced 6 keepers on 25 lines.

Pulled them all and will put them back out next Friday for a Saturday and Sunday run.

15 fish total so far. I gotta get to skinning and do some knife work. :)

2nd run.jpg

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Somewhere OHIO
Not so much this evening in the rain.. Stupid 24 hr check law. lol

The fish don't mind getting wet lol

I know what you mean about that stupid 24hr law. Sucks lmao.

I guess this wet pattern is going to keep repeating for the next couple weeks so grab the rain gear bro :D.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good work brother! Any way you could catch us some yellow perch or crappie with them limb lines? lmao