Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from Louisiana

Bowkills

Nw oh
Might as well go straight to the one who'd know. Bullheads, besides bait do u eat them? I've heard from a few people around here they enjoy them. Got input?

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Might as well go straight to the one who'd know. Bullheads, besides bait do u eat them? I've heard from a few people around here they enjoy them. Got input?
I don’t eat them, mainly because we don’t have to. We get plenty of fish to eat. Yes I have eaten them, they are not bad, can be more oily than a channel but the body don’t yield as much as a freshwater cat.....more like a hardhead on yield. Yes I’ve eaten hardheaded and sailcats, all are not bad eating.

Bowkills

Nw oh
I don’t eat them, mainly because we don’t have to. We get plenty of fish to eat. Yes I have eaten them, they are not bad, can be more oily than a channel but the body don’t yield as much as a freshwater cat.....more like a hardhead on yield. Yes I’ve eaten hardheaded and sailcats, all are not bad eating.
image.jpeg
These thing had a bite on it. Ill still set lines and give them a whirl since it's right in my back yard. You think cleaning them out like a snapper would help?

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
So on the other side of life, I got an email from sportsman’s warehouse. Every year they do a loyalty day w balloons w a percentage of your order off. If your signed up you get two balloons and can take the better of the slips inside the ballon. Took Dj with me and was gonna buy another rifle and resupply my ammo for hunting.
Get in the store headed straight for ammo, ain’t shit on the shelves. Went to the rifles and no 30 caliber rifles. Dj picked up a new climbing harness, I was gonna buy a few cheap lokons but opted out. Bought a pack of slick tricks and a pack of replacement blades. Dj picked up 4 frogs for bass fishing.
Get the the register and the young man asked for my tickets for balloons. I hand him my two and he then ask me which ones I wanted to pop. I told him my luck is bad so you pick them. He pops the first one and it had a ticket inside of 5%. Pops another and he looks at it and said this one ain’t good either. I say that’s alright something is better than nothing. He then says I get it all for FREE! Had a 100% ticket inside. I was happy, would’ve been happy with 10% to cover the taxes.
Walking out I told dj too bad they didn’t have the rifle I wanted and ammo, would’ve saved me 1,500$.
Still a great day.
3B6E6DEB-8F9F-4486-8503-06A84960D5DD.jpeg

Last edited:

Bowkills

Nw oh
So on the other side of life, I got an email from sportsman’s warehouse. Every year they do a loyalty day w balloons w a percentage of your order off. If your signed up you get two balloons and can take the better of the slips inside the ballon. Took Dj with me and was gonna buy another rifle and resupply my ammo for hunting.
Get in the store headed straight for ammo, ain’t shit on the shelves. Went to the rifles and no 30 caliber rifles. Dj picked up a new climbing harness, I was gonna buy a few cheap lokons but opted out. Bought a pack of slick tricks and a pack of replacement blades. Dj picked up 4 frogs for bass fishing.
Get the the register and the young man asked for my tickets for balloons. I hand him my two and he then ask me which ones I wanted to pop. I told him my luck is bad so you pick them. He pops the first one and it had a ticket inside of 5%. Pops another and he looks at it and said this one ain’t good either. I say that’s alright something is better than nothing. He then says I get it all for FREE! Had a 100% ticket inside. I was happy, would’ve been happy with 10% to cover the taxes.
Walking out I told dj too bad they didn’t have the rifle I wanted and ammo, would’ve saved me 1,500$.
Still a great day.
No shit free gun woulda been nice! Oh well congrats on ur free shit!

Reactions: triple_duece

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Well we have 4 points this year and just put in for Iowa bow hunt. The boys are going and 8 other friends all in the same group app. We rented a giant house. Staying for two weeks, plans are if and when we kill we will drop down in Missouri to bow hunt while others are trying to still trying to get it done. Wish us luck on the draw.