Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from Louisiana

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Well its time for the either sex hunting weekend on this wma. Scouted for 5 people yesterday. Found some good trails and waiting for day to break.

My youngest son Hunter and his friend Cody found their own trees after I directed where to go. Barry, Sonny and myself are lined out on an old property line from way back when it was private. Hoping to post some vag and nut pics for Giles. This is a 3 day hunt, doing it the hard way on public.

Last edited:

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Hunter and Cody set some lines before dark at the camp. He bet me he would catch six in 3 hours. Went out at 9pm and caught 5.
IMG_1631.jpg
we will be frying catfish and frog legs tonight.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Heavy overcast and full moon got to be making a negative impact. I’ve head 6 shots since daybreak, none of them being us. This public land hunting has a love/hate relationship with me. Hating it at the moment lol.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Looks like a lot of water.....you have gators around there?

Yes but not in woods. This is all flat delta land. It’s a wet year this year. I’m on an old skidder trail I guess. Trails have more water than woods except for sloughs. Most you can navigate w knee boots.

Reactions: Sgt Fury

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
I’d hate to have to try and follow a blood trail in those conditions. I guess maybe that’s why you guys use rifles!

Some areas can be difficult. When they go through palmettos it’s easy peasy. It’s when they hit the open areas it’s tough. I will neck shoot them if close or through the shoulders.

I also train my duck dog to blood trail.

Reactions: Sgt Fury and giles