Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from Louisiana

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
We out here and the water isn’t. No where to hunt. Been blowing nw and will continue through Monday. Need an air boat as the bays that look like water is a mere inches deep.
image.jpg

image.jpg

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Before Katrina where I lost everything, I had a greater Canadian, pair of mallards, wigeon, canvasback, pintail, grey duck, and couple others mounted that I can’t remember. Had a 6# bass and a 10# hybrid striper. Also had a 140” public land buck.....all gone when I lost my house.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Well change of plans. No wind tomorrow and clear skies. We not going tomorrow. I will try to sleep in.... instead of my usual getting up at 4:30.

Reactions: Big_Holla

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
So Hunter and Ryan are at the camp. Shot a limit of wood ducks this morning. Went in by boat at noon to scout some sloughs on the nwr for ducks. What you are about to watch is something that happens when you don’t bring a weapon in the woods.....only this time they had a xbow.

After gutting the deer and dragging to the boat they were running to the launch and hit something putting a 3 finger hole in the bottom. Hunter was bailing and the plug out while running to stay afloat. I guess they will have a story to tell for years.