Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from Louisiana

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Had a 60-80# hog bust me already. Never heard him till it stepped out.
E782E96F-198A-4972-AE22-7B9D95D427C9.jpeg

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
So Hunter and his friend took advantage of the hurricane and picked up some oak wood. We just got done splitting it. It won’t be dry enough till maybe January but better than buying it. Plans for tomorrow is go get some more while our parish is dragging ass with cleanup.
03135BB6-BB7A-4163-AC32-3F977113D558.jpeg
69902DE9-D0A8-4653-BFA7-4B3BE278A004.jpeg

im also going to get a cord of dry firewood, trading it for the hog meat from this weekend. Can’t be at the camp without a camp fire.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
You really make me want to move to Louisiana
Do you guys ever run out of tags?
If I was hunter I would not come home either 🤣
We get six tags in Louisiana, hogs are unlimited. We typically don’t have the quality as the Midwest but we make do lol.

Last edited:

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Nobody can ever accuse you fellas of being soft. You hunt hard and kill your fair share of critters down there.
We try to make lemon aid every chance we get.
Took a ride in a boat I’m probably gonna buy. Should get more fishing stories and pics. Kinda torn cause it’s hunting season but will get some fishing in when the weather sucks for hunting.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Well I bit the bullet and bought a new to me boat. 26’ avenger bay boat w a yammy 300 pushing it.
31AFEB9F-8900-46EE-9606-4AAC75445E70.png

on another note, another doe fell victim to a grim reaper. Won’t be nothing left with Hunter in the woods 😂. Told him to save one for me this weekend, he said I better show up sooner than that. No pic yet but he did send a video

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Well the doe that Hunter arrowed yesterday evening was not found. Plenty of blood for 80 yards. Backed out got a buddy w a new tracking dog. Dog didn’t do much as it’s still learning. They looked all over and he called me saying no recovery. I opened the video and scrolled through slowly and he hit high above the shoulders above the spine. She’s still running.

Reactions: Big_Holla