Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from Louisiana

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Heard one gobble this morning. Perfect morning and they tight lipped. We made a move and ran into a hen on a trail. Ducked off and laid in the grass. She came to us at 20 yards. Just had a young man walk to where I’m set up and called 😂. He didn’t see us till I whistled at him. He about came out his skin. Gonna give this till midday, maybe the ole rope will want to strut around these four trails we sitting on.
image.jpg

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
So it’s been some time since I’ve posted. Last weekend I headed to the camp to catch flatheads and turtles. The river went down so quick and the farmers are pulling water, the launches had a foot of mud on the step ramps for about 30’ of ramp so that was a no go. Would lose my truck in the river. Anyway we put 50 jugs out catching 8 loggerheads in three runs. 45-70#. We kept 3 turtles to eat for the 3 day weekend.
IMG_6080.jpeg
IMG_6079.jpeg
IMG_6073.jpeg

Had to strap them down to finish running the jugs then returned them back in the water except for 1 each day.

Nothing seemed to go right this trip but made the best of it.

ThatBuckeyeGuy

Ohio
So it’s been some time since I’ve posted. Last weekend I headed to the camp to catch flatheads and turtles. The river went down so quick and the farmers are pulling water, the launches had a foot of mud on the step ramps for about 30’ of ramp so that was a no go. Would lose my truck in the river. Anyway we put 50 jugs out catching 8 loggerheads in three runs. 45-70#. We kept 3 turtles to eat for the 3 day weekend. View attachment 195931View attachment 195932View attachment 195933
Had to strap them down to finish running the jugs then returned them back in the water except for 1 each day.

Nothing seemed to go right this trip but made the best of it.
Looks like a blast man!

Reactions: triple_duece