Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live From the Stand 2017.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
3 deer seen, 2 for the last time.... Landowner got the first doe, brother missed a decent buck, I got a doe around 1:30..... All in all a good day doing some drives.... Just wish my brother had gotten that buck, but he went home with a smile on his face regardless....

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Congrats J!

Temp drop into the morning. Didn't get to hunt tonight because I ran out of time and my wife caught me. Put the freaking lights on the house instead. While doing so, I heard one gunshot to the south. I'm fairly certain it is the douche that hunts one of the 5 adjoining properties. He gets bored and likes to wander around. I hope it was one of the other land owners giving him a warning shot to get back where he has permission. Generally he volleys 3 shots at a time and goes home empty handed. One shot makes me wonder. Hope the slob hunter didn't shoot anything. People who don't play by the rules don't get my respect.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Congrats J!

Temp drop into the morning. Didn't get to hunt tonight because I ran out of time and my wife caught me. Put the freaking lights on the house instead. While doing so, I heard one gunshot to the south. I'm fairly certain it is the douche that hunts one of the 5 adjoining properties. He gets bored and likes to wander around. I hope it was one of the other land owners giving him a warning shot to get back where he has permission. Generally he volleys 3 shots at a time and goes home empty handed. One shot makes me wonder. Hope the slob hunter didn't shoot anything. People who don't play by the rules don't get my respect.
Is he Amish?

rooster85

Lake County
3 deer seen, 2 for the last time.... Landowner got the first doe, brother missed a decent buck, I got a doe around 1:30..... All in all a good day doing some drives.... Just wish my brother had gotten that buck, but he went home with a smile on his face regardless....

Congrats J!!

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I go back to work this evening so I'm home organizing my stuff. Not really into gun season that much anyway. After 5 weeks of hunting (only 3 days not in the woods) I'm ready for some time away. With that said, my next day off I will be checking trail cams.

Good luck to all still out there.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Turkey galore this morning. Very vocal on roost. And a beautiful fox!

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I stayed out til 3. Nothing else was seen after a group hung out nearby. I work the weekend, & today is the wife's last day of work with her full time retirement hitting me straight in the face, so I had to head in to do a few things before taking her out to dinner.