Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE from the stand 2020-21

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Seen 7. This busted up 3 year old is the only buck.
D2D2D320-C44A-4552-95AC-4E498182C9CE.jpeg

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
Been settled since a little before 7, at the second spot of the day. Went to my other property and pulled the card, not a single deer in there in nearly a week. Called an audible and hauled ass out of there to slip into this other spot where there’s been a handful of does in the morning pretty regularly. There was a raccoon still on the bait pile after I got into my stand so I must’ve been pretty sneaky getting in. Nothing all night last night in the rain so hopefully they’ll be moving. Last opportunity to fill an archery tag prior to gun season. Good luck to anybody that’s out and happy thanksgiving

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
My favorite stand is on a recently timbered hillside. Tree tops, green briars and honeysuckle are abundant. There is not much cover in the poplar I’m in. Some young beech trees will help that out in the near future. I See a lot of deer below me which is directly behind me. After doing a shoulder to shoulder scan I stood up to watch down there. As soon as I did I see a really tall rack staring at me. But not for long. Arg. Could have been a 120. Could have been a 150. I will never know.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Was in the stand and settled right at 7. Didn't spook anything. Had a flock of hens rooted within 40 yds and got to watch them feed off.

Seen 1 buck that is a 5 point that used to be a 8. Lol. He'll be something if he makes through to next year. Also have seen a button buck. Planning on sitting till about 9:30. Then off to the house to start working on the turkeys. This will be my last hunt till who knows when, as my schedule isn't going to allow me to gun hunt at all, and we all know how tough bow gets after the orange army has invaded.