Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE from the stand 2020-21

Cogz

Cogz
TX
Out. Another risky wind, another evening that feels "deery". Applied Evercalm to all the gaps in the blind and have my tube of Black Widow open by the window. As long as he stays N and W of me, I'm good. He doesn't have a pattern, so it's just a pig at a poke mission.
Very similar situation here but in a tree. High risk high reward I suppose. I’ll lighten up the rest of the week and have limited time this weekend, so things will be rested for next week.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Out as well. Sketchy wind as well but I can feel it blowing ever so slightly in my face
20201020_173141.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Drove home around dusk. In Wapakoneta I saw deer in several fields. Closer to home nothing. Promising to see any with the EHD here. It looked deery. I was really hoping to see one of you guys had connected when I opened up TOO.

Reactions: MoonLab

Bowkills

Nw oh
1st time tracking in a all out downpour thunderstorm. I don't believe the guy hit anything vital. Another guy brought out a thermal, they r amazing. He's going back in the morning.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I should have. Long story short, I shot well high over a nice 8 point that stopped broadside in an open field. Could've ended much worse so I'm thankful of the complete miss. He never really spooked afterwards either. Kinda just moved off

Bummer. Clean miss is the best miss though. And . . .you owned it. How many guys miss and never mention a word? I'm sure it happens a lot. Also why you won't hear me teasing Nate or anyone about a miss. Could just as easily be me next time.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Bummer. Clean miss is the best miss though. And . . .you owned it. How many guys miss and never mention a word? I'm sure it happens a lot. Also why you won't hear me teasing Nate or anyone about a miss. Could just as easily be me next time.
Screw that. I'll rag on him any chance I get.🤣🤣🤣 He was sure to call me right up tonight and offer great moral support 😪😪😪