Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE from the stand 2020-21

Bankfish

Little bb. If its the same one, he was with his little sister this morning. What looked to be a 3 legged little buck was chasing her around before I left. He's bedded 30yds now. Hopefully sis comes this way with some followers
20201104_144622.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
I am in!

From 11:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., I hand hauled cut firewood out of the creek bottom near my home. I tightly packed my truck nice and full. I will be unloading it after this evening's hunt.

Right afterwards, I took a much needed shower. Now I am relaxed and in a nice leaning back tree-stand, which is very comfortable.

Hope to get a much better look at that good buck I encountered this morning.

If he does not make it out before the last half hour, I will try to call him out.

Again, I think it was THUNDER, but I am not certain because he was broadside @30 with tree limbs in the way and I could not see his brows.

Wind is perfect too, from the bedding area to my S-SE.

(More details below of this evening's setup and situation.)
20201104_145247.jpg

(Top photo is looking to the NE into the alfalfa field, middle is looking to the NW into the same field, and bottom is looking SE towards the very small creek bottom and on the other side are deep drainage raveens for the CRP fields that are to the South, which is where I saw that good buck go this morning @8:20-25)

20201104_145537.jpg

(Top photo is a fresh tree rub 10yrds. away just to the NE that is also right next to the main deer trail that goes from the alfalfa field to the creek bottom and into the thick bedding area. The bottom photo is my 'Southwestern Stand', which is the setup I watched this good buck walk underneath to head to his bed from my 'Northwestern Stand' this morning.)

20201104_145624.jpg

(The top photo are fresh tree rubs that I took from when I first & last hunted from this setup, which is my 'Southwestern Stand, through my binoculars. It is also where this morning's good buck walked out from to cross the field straight across to the other side and onto the deer trail I am hunting over this evening.
The bottom photo is the same tree rub just below my setup, to the NE@10yrds.,when I first & last time I hunted out of this setup, which my 'Southwestern Stand', the one I am hunting out this evening.)

Good luck to whomever is hunting this evening!

Last edited:

Concordmeadowsfarm

SE Ohio
4:49 my son was sitting on the ground with me. East side of woods corridor between fields. Buck came in, I presume jumped by four wheeler on neighbors farm- I could hear. Only saw a short glimpse, nice wide rack. He ran south into the wind. Never knew we even existed. Cool close up experience for my son. Happened so fast he couldn’t even process getting a shot. Jumped does in hay field walking home. Fun night.