Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from the stand 2021/22

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County
7 altogether this evening from 5 onward. 4 antlerless and 3 antlered young bucks. All but two were within bow range. The last buck had me stuck in the tree for about 15-20 minutes after quitting time. No big bucks seen or heard. Back at it tomorrow.

Reactions: finelyshedded

WoodCoDep

BARTLETT, OH
What a flip of a switch from yesterday. Hadn't been settled in 10 mins and heard grunting back up the draw behind me, not long after a 130 class 9pt came bumping a doe by. Then 15min later had a giant parallel the ridge into the weird south wind checking for does i got him stopped a few times but he wouldn't commit, heart breaking lol. I passed up the same 125ish 8 for 3rd time. Then heard several more chases and saw some does..awesome evening hunt. The scrape by my stand wasn't clean yesterday morning but this afternoon it was all tore up i have a cam close by but nothing on it. Things are starting to bust loose.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
What a flip of a switch from yesterday. Hadn't been settled in 10 mins and heard grunting back up the draw behind me, not long after a 130 class 9pt came bumping a doe by. Then 15min later had a giant parallel the ridge into the weird south wind checking for does i got him stopped a few times but he wouldn't commit, heart breaking lol. I passed up the same 125ish 8 for 3rd time. Then heard several more chases and saw some does..awesome evening hunt. The scrape by my stand wasn't clean yesterday morning but this afternoon it was all tore up i have a cam close by but nothing on it. Things are starting to bust loose.
I drove over to see @Full bore and @finelyshedded tonight and we talked about the scrapes opening back up. My midday scouting mission and the long way back to the truck revealed several fresh ones tonight. They're back on the prowl!

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County
Sat this morning at Kendrick woods in Wapakoneta for a veterans hunt. Didn't see shit. Went to lunch, back to the blind by 2. Didn't. See. Shit. Try again tomorrow morning then back to the house

I can set you up in a ground blind someplace near my home if you want to make the hour in half drive and wish to have a high opportunity for some freezer meat at least. I have a fair number of deer nearby, plus all my local bucks are still kickin, however you can't shoot any of my local projects, such as these two :LOL:. All others are on the table, including any of the big boys.

20211107_052939.jpg

Bigcountry40

I can set you up in a ground blind someplace near my home if you want to make the hour in half drive and wish to have a high opportunity for some freezer meat at least. I have a fair number of deer nearby, plus all my local bucks are still kickin, however you can't shoot any of my local projects, such as these two :LOL:. All others are on the table, including any of the big boys.

View attachment 139523
Well if that ain’t a pooped filled twinkie

• Haha
Reactions: AH2319 and Wildlife

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County
Time change through me off a bit. Piddling around in the shop this morning drinking coffee and catching up on here, then noticed it was getting lighter out as I was getting dressed to head out. I get to my tree about legal light time and bumped some deerz that were either already there or on their way there.. One blew and I heard it leave or all of them take off. IDK what kind they were however, I'll pull my TC card later on to find out. I dought it was any of the big guys, but I don't know that for sure.

Anyhow, I'm in. 28° frost w/ virtually no South wind. Super still and quite out at the moment.

Good luck to all those out huntin today!

Last edited:
Reactions: Sgt Fury