Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE! From the Stand 2022-2023 Edition

Bowkills

Nw oh
20230204_063744.jpg
we in. Very windy expecting very little. Smores and coffee for sunrise today.

Bigcountry40

I’m out in Huron county. Hunting my buddies stand that passed away last year, I have no bait out and no expectations, just enjoying the peace. Im thankful to the end of another safe and successful deer season. This season started for in mid September with Michigan early antlerless, throughout the fall I had several close encounters with bucks l of a lifetime but couldn’t seal the deal. Good lord blessed me with freezer full of meat and the opportunity to hunt with my boys. So a cheers brothers, I hope to continue to do this for another 40 years!
5E532CF1-62CA-4403-8CD1-582462149167.jpeg

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
The final sit off the season. Ain’t nothing bittersweet about it… I’m just plain bitter. I hate the reality that I’ve got only 2.5 more hours to run an arrow through a deer, before having to wait another 8 months to try again. A few things I notice as I sit here…

1. I blew out one of my merino gloves. Shit.
1675630620802.jpeg

2. My binoculars are disgusting.
1675630669103.jpeg

3. I really should spend more time setting this stand up better next year. This fugger gives me the willies every time I’m in it.
1675630769523.jpeg

Good luck to everyone who’s out here tonight. There’s a handful of Hail Mary’s getting thrown up… Let’s hope someone has a little Doug Flutie in them.

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
Settled in. Had 4 does the last 3 nights show up around 6 which is ideal, what’s not ideal is the fact that it’s 40° and the wind is blowing directly into a bedding area. There is either a mega button buck or worlds shortest spike here as well, and I believe he is bedding in a more upwind area so I may get s crack at that fugger. Either way, I’m here and won’t have to make a special trip to pull this stupid cell cam. Good luck to anyone else out on this beautiful spring day