Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE! From the Stand 2023-2024 Edition

Cheezemm52

Ohio
Just had a deer from a couple hundred yards away prove for the thousandth time that scent blocking clothes are a scam.
I'll be out in Muskingum later today for my first crack at the rut before the weekend army arrives! Wind is whipping in Cbus this morning but the temp is finally dropping! Think you'll have a good day! (I'm positive Polly Prissy Pants when I get to cut out early and get in the woods!)

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Forgot my binos. What a stupid rookie mistake. Got my 15x binos from the truck around my neck. Feels like cinder block hanging there. 🤣

Made it to first formation though and wasn't late. No deer seen yet and I can see 500-800 yards behind me. Expecting deer in front of me though. Nice 2-3yr old 8pt in here last night 1128pm. Be tough to pass him. Good luck all.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
I hear ya Cole, except it's a freshly cut bean field.
20231109_075214.jpg

Only one lone 1/2 rack slowly making his away across the N field. Looked tired like he just got his ass whopped.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Pffft. Alarm woke me early & temp was 64. Fugg that. Woke up after daylight & it was 54. Got up & a handful of does were up in the woods behind the house. Got to my blind afterwards & stayed till 11. A gnarly buck had skirted @ while there. I'll be at the other blind this pm, evenings seem to be having better movement lately.

WoodCoDep

BARTLETT, OH
Trying a little different approach today..had to get the kids on the bus and to school plus it was raining so the morning was out. I'm in from 11 to 3 or 330 for the mid-day hunt because of evening commitments and so far it sucks lol. Took a little longer than I'd hoped to get in due to being my first one sticking setup. Up high on a ridge with bedding to the north and east, we'll see what happens.