Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE! From the Stand 2023-2024 Edition

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
The fuggin' around is over with. Something is fixing to die. #boughtwithapaycheck #nofudgeroundsonwelfare

20231111_092715.jpg

Jamie

Ohio
I passed on a 10 yard broadside shot at very respectable 2 1/2 8 that is probably 125” an hour ago. He bumbled into a group of three adult and two yearling does browsing 20-30 yards from me. He attacked an oak sapling, made a scrape, and started pushing them around. Dem bitches weren’t having any of it, lol. He did save me, though. The big nanny doe cut my trail 75 yards from my tree and fed along tracking me. She was 15 yards and closing. She was going to nail me for sure, but that buck bumped her off my trail and offered himself up. Thanks, buddy! She must have forgot about her track job after that. 11 total so far. Two skippers and the 8 I tuned down are the only antlers so far.

Smawgunner2

Athens County
At first light a spike came right under me to the licking branch and did his thing. 3 doe came meandering through then bedded down 50 feet in front of me 😡, but 2 other doe came by and the three took off. Saw a total of 13 this morning. Pretty good movement but no real rut action.