Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE! From the Stand 2023-2024 Edition

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Hoping for a successful recovery picture this AM, bankfish!

Good luck SS, I miss PA and high powered rifles. I knew they allowed Sunday hunting, but forgot they moved the opener to Saturday. My aunt and uncle cleaned up at the Sheffield VFD drawing last night, the big one at Cherry Grove is tonight....man I miss those big woods!

Last edited:

Jamie

Ohio
I had not hunted since Monday due to weather and cooking for Thanksgiving. Saw six last night, had a jumbo adult doe at about 6-7 yards right at dark. Could not pick a spot, let her go. Same spot this morning. 26 so far. Four bucks, one shooter, but not close. Several doe units of various sizes from one to six. I’m back to just deer hunting now, and have had adult does (and several fawns, too) within ten yards of me or less 4 times between last night and this morning and have not been able to send an arrow. Too many eyes, bad angles, brush in the way. Lol, a good deer hunter would have killed something this morning. All the fun, none of the mess. I’d like to know where all these deer have been for the last three weeks. I bet all my neighbors feeders are empty.😆

Jamie

Ohio
I just had three more flattops being pushed by a skipper 6 walk right under me. When they got a few steps past me they all stopped, the last one was perfectly broadside at 8 yards. I had to turn my body almost 180 degrees to shoot. I got turned without being notced and just as I got to full draw she started walking. After 1/2 step there was no shot. I think that is quite enough torture for this morning. I’m done.

Wiley E Coyote

Lots of fun
I had not hunted since Monday due to weather and cooking for Thanksgiving. Saw six last night, had a jumbo adult doe at about 6-7 yards right at dark. Could not pick a spot, let her go. Same spot this morning. 26 so far. Four bucks, one shooter, but not close. Several doe units of various sizes from one to six. I’m back to just deer hunting now, and have had adult does (and several fawns, too) within ten yards of me or less 4 times between last night and this morning and have not been able to send an arrow. Too many eyes, bad angles, brush in the way. Lol, a good deer hunter would have killed something this morning. All the fun, none of the mess. I’d like to know where all these deer have been for the last three weeks. I bet all my neighbors feeders are empty.😆

Bankfish

Found him about 100-120yds from the shot. Laying beside the creek
20231125_085741.jpg
20231125_084648.jpg