Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE from the stand 2024-2025!

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
So, I've got this guy standing around outside the blind . Eating grass & raking small trees....

20241028_073857.jpg

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
First official day of rutcation and I’m in for my first morning hunt of the season. I’ve got a great wind so I may just stick it out all day. Movement has been pretty good so far. I’ve seen 9 does/fawns and 2 bucks. One buck, a 2 yr old 10 pointer, was really dogging the first group of does. I’ve got a buck decoy sitting in front of me at 10 yards. Fingers crossed. Good luck today everyone.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Back to reality. Sigh......

Saw a forky harassing a doe around 8:15 then I heard a bunch of commotion from the same direction 15 minutes later. I could hear a buck working a scrape and it sounded legit, so I hit the grunt tube a couple times and he responded by thrashing the licking branch. He walked closer, found another scrape and worked it hard. Then he dropped off the shelf and hit the scrape in the bottom that's 45 yards from the stand and thrashed it. He stopped at 30 to access the situation and I could tell he was mature, perhaps "over the hill" antler wise. Great beams and mass, but no tine length. Just a beer belly and a grey face. I sat the bow down and just watched him do his thing. Once he realized he couldn't see what he heard, he slow stepped it backwards to get some cover again, then slowly walked back up to the shelf he came from. Great encounter, just not what I'm looking to shoot this year. Solid morning sit overall.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sorry to hear the weather is gonna be warm as shit for you guys taking vacation. I think I would save the next 2 days and go to work.
My plan is to do some catching up on my bathroom remodel the next couple days and just hunt the evenings. Temps don’t bother me quite as much these days. Deer are gonna do their thing regardless. It’s the high winds that irritate me more than anything.