Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from the stand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Nice lookin bucks.

Had a small 7 point cruise by just before closing time last night. He got a pass. Needs to baste a little longer.

On another note, my fat ass broke Chads chair last night. Spent the last 3 hours balancing the chair with my ass just to have somewhere to sit and not have to leave the woods.

matthew

Wayne County
All settled in. I'm off work for the next 4 days going to hunt hard . Hope the deer co-operate they haven't been moving to good here . Just need that hot doe to come by. Good luck guys

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County

Not too bad for his first buck and first with a cross bow

Another plug for the Scent Smoker, this deer was down wind of me, my smelly butt had been in the stand since 6:00 am he never even looked up or around. The smoke works.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
In the stand a little late. Didn't bump any deer. That is good. Deer either are bedded here already or mosey thru mid morning typically. Looks like the coast is clear for an hour or so. During the rut I often see does getting ran around this woods patch. There is an old warrior they hangs out here. Antlers won't score high but he is 8-9 yrs old. He would be a true trophy. Then again, during the rut anything can show up.

Good luck TOOzers!

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Been in for a little bit. Didn't spook anything that I know of on the walk in. Haven't seen any thing yet, except for one of the best sunrises I've seen in a long time.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Nice lookin bucks.

Had a small 7 point cruise by just before closing time last night. He got a pass. Needs to baste a little longer.

On another note, my fat ass broke Chads chair last night. Spent the last 3 hours balancing the chair with my ass just to have somewhere to sit and not have to leave the woods.
[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Just had a BB come in on a hard run. Got to where I walked through with the evercalm and hit the brakes. He has now moseyed up the hill and out of sight.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Had a small 6 point come through and give me a great look at some of my shooting lanes. He then took off on a trot up the hill and here there where 6 other deer up there. Got the glasses on them and there was another buck. Nothing to get excited about.

Next thing I know I take my glasses down and thee is momma and daughter 10 yds in front of me. They eventually made their way into the pasture and left.

Not a bad day so far 3 deer I could have shot with 7-8 deer seen.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
As soon as I stopped typing my last post, the woods came alive. Deer came from every direction. A mature doe came in on me by herself. Soon a fawn met up with her from other side of thicket & briefly met up with her. Then another doe & bb came in followed by grunting buck. I had em every which way . A previous buck came in chasing as well. I dunno why the big boys aren't chasing. More good videos at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.