Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live From the Water

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Did that

Do you consider that protruding the mouth?
I consider a keeper. We watched the Game Warden bullshitting with guys hooking them just the same and throwing every one on the stringer. They'd basically have to shut the run down to stop people keeping those fish. Throw away millions of dollars getting pumped into the local economy

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
So what if this fish bites the jig head first and the hook gets set and hooks him like that? Was the lure not in his mouth? It's a huge grey area
You said earlier you are flossing them. So which way is it? Fish that bite at a twister tail are going after the tail. And the hook is inside the mouth. This right here looks like a snag to me. All I'm saying is I've been written a ticket down there for fish that have been hooked closer to the inside of the mouth than that. The main reason I rarely fish that money trap for maumee and Perrysburg. Speaking of money for the local economy...writing multiple tickets at a pace of 85 to 120 dollars a whack pumps alot of money into the local economy up there.

Reactions: brock ratcliff

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Woke up late and went around 11am this morning and caught two and lost one. Not a bad start.
61B4AE3D-E0CB-4F3C-B85D-3148282CCFD5.jpeg
660BC6F4-95AF-4F86-9304-66CAE0D00949.jpeg

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
You said earlier you are flossing them. So which way is it? Fish that bite at a twister tail are going after the tail. And the hook is inside the mouth. This right here looks like a snag to me. All I'm saying is I've been written a ticket down there for fish that have been hooked closer to the inside of the mouth than that. The main reason I rarely fish that money trap for maumee and Perrysburg. Speaking of money for the local economy...writing multiple tickets at a pace of 85 to 120 dollars a whack pumps alot of money into the local economy up there.
Where do the walleye go when they get stinger hooks in the chin, jigging out on the lake? From what I've witnessed, in the cooler. :unsure::whistle:

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Where do the walleye go when they get stinger hooks in the chin, jigging out on the lake? From what I've witnessed, in the cooler. :unsure::whistle:
Not disagreeing with that statement. Also not pointing out the fact or stating that 99 percent of the fish caught on the lake are hooked outside the mouth which they are NOT.

Here is a female walleye that absolutely deep throated a bandit on April 5th last year.
Screenshot_20210316-110946_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: brock ratcliff

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
There are just as many, if not more, walleye thrown into coolers that come to the boat with a crankbait “velcroed” to the side of the face as there are fowl-hooked and kept in the Maumee and Sandusky rivers. There’s no question those fish were going for it. Writing a ticket for a fish hooked anywhere near the mouth is dumb IMO. Six fish is six fish. There’s over 150-million adult walleye in the system right now, literally an all-time high. I think we’ll be alright.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Totally agree Jim. Plenty of fish in the system now.

Difference here is the river fisherman are proclaiming that they are admittingly force feeding the river fish...hell they aren't even using bait to prove their point.
To each their own as long as the wardens allow it now who really cares. I can tell you all without a doubt it never used to be allowed.

And with the crankbait velcroed to the side of the head statement it is a pretty common occurrence when there are 9 hooks on the average crankbait as compared to 1 single hook from a floating jig.

Last edited:
Reactions: jagermeister

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Not disagreeing with that statement. Also not pointing out the fact or stating that 99 percent of the fish caught on the lake are hooked outside the mouth which they are NOT.
I agree with you on that. Consider the river gets about 1% of the pressure the lake gets. Maybe more fish chin hooked by stinger hooks on one day on the lake than outside in fish on the river the whole seasonthe
Totally agree Jim. Plenty of fish in the system now.

Difference here is the river fisherman are proclaiming that they are admittingly force feeding the river fish...hell they aren't even using bait to prove their point.
To each their own as long as the wardens allow it now who really cares. I can tell you all without a doubt it never used to be allowed.

And with the crankbait velcroed to the side of the head statement it is a pretty common occurrence when there are 9 hooks on the average crankbait as compared to 1 single hook from a floating jig.
So the question is: Do you still wanna come fish with us?🤣🤣🤣