Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live From the Water

OO2

In the Uplands
Anytime buddy, I’ll be at ashtabula next week for a few days with some friends…. We’ll be getting after them brown bass….
When I mean first cast with the Ned rig I mean first freaking cast! 4.62 lbs
66905B1A-963C-45D3-B7B6-FA375D886281.jpeg
C2B7B322-46B9-468F-BFFB-9814D5272F8E.jpeg
736A6076-76E7-45A8-B9C1-B002DB885827.jpeg

Big Weff

Athens
Ned rig works any where any time! We are catching the shit out of them down here on Douglas with the zman trd on a 1/8 mushroom head, this is suppose to be a large mouth lake but we are catching the shit out of smallies, no monsters. Average largey probably 2 and average smalley 1. Biggest being a 3 lb large mouth. We will find the big one tomorrow! Jerk bait on the points has also been effective🤘🏻

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Ned rig works any where any time! We are catching the shit out of them down here on Douglas with the zman trd on a 1/8 mushroom head, this is suppose to be a large mouth lake but we are catching the shit out of smallies, no monsters. Average largey probably 2 and average smalley 1. Biggest being a 3 lb large mouth. We will find the big one tomorrow! Jerk bait on the points has also been effective🤘🏻
You don’t say 😂

A7650B3D-1F07-4B6B-9502-98519DEA8986.jpeg

Little tip on the Ned rig, pick up some super glue and glue the bait head too the jig head. It’ll last all day for the most part. Lake Erie small mouth will challenge that statement though…. 😂

Big Weff

Athens
You don’t say 😂

View attachment 127573

Little tip on the Ned rig, pick up some super glue and glue the bait head too the jig head. It’ll last all day for the most part. Lake Erie small mouth will challenge that statement though…. 😂
I buy the hooks with the little barb on the back when I can find them, never had one slip on that setup. Good pro tip on all the other hooks though!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I buy the hooks with the little barb on the back when I can find them, never had one slip on that setup. Good pro tip on all the other hooks though!
We pour our own heads and don’t use the barb anymore. Loktite super glue bottle, works for the entire season…. The loktite bottles have a built in pump that controls the amount that comes out. We use the gel version.

Reactions: OO2

OO2

In the Uplands
Anyone got any tips for sight fishing bass that won’t bite? Found about 6 fish on a Boulder and can’t catch them. Have caught a whole bunch of others off beds in same area

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Anyone got any tips for sight fishing bass that won’t bite? Found about 6 fish on a Boulder and can’t catch them. Have caught a whole bunch of others off beds in same area
lizard bait
crawfish bait
fluke bait

try throwing them weightless if you can, slower presentation might trick ……

Reactions: OO2