Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

live updates on farm west

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio
Halfway up tree and a little minibike with a former employee rides by. Get settled in. So far skwerlz birds is all I have seen. Have heard opther atv, gunshots, and younger sounding kids voices in the distance. Overall frustrating.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio
Shoulda packed some food and warmer clothes. Need to practice more with lw sticks and millenium. Other than wind and skwerlz I don't have much going. Thanks for the support. Coming into the best time of evening to be in a tree! Phone is going back in my pocket!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio
Given the difficulty of using the LW sticks and Millenium stand for the first time today, I decided to pack up early. Really pretty silly because I sat thru the cold and hunger and packed up with just a bit of daylight left. This is when the movement should have been starting. I just wanted to get down and packaged up with some light. It is a long season and I felt due to lack of deer activity it was a good idea to pack up with some light for safety reasons. I was all thumbs the first couple times I used my climber too. I am glad I didn't try to do this in the dark in the morning.

On my way out I came to a rise and saw a nice buck in the partially picked bean field to my north. I hunkered down and tried to glass him. Pretty sure it was the deer in the pics at the bottom. I took my stand and fanny pack off and stood up to strategize a stalk. He was gone. We stood there and watched each other for a good while before I hunkered down to shed my gear. I know which buck it was. He is on the fence for me right now. I haven't made up my mind on him just yet. I also kicked a doe and her fawn up on my way out. Sums up my hunt for the day. PICT0045 front corner big 11.jpg