Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lock down ?

huntnfool

Thornville
well me and Jon (jermiah) went out this morning. There 3 of us hunting and we seen 2 deer and coyote. This is the second morning in a row where nothing was seen. Jon did see a nice buck but does.

I am curious to what everyone else is seeing. I have not seen a doe all week. One of 2 things has happen alot of does come into estrus or the young bucks have the does held up tight. I have seen some big bucks hitting the ground but the daytime activity is lacking here in southern fairfield county and perry county. Anyone else seeing the same?

huntn2

Hudson, OH
I am still seeing does with their little ones moving as they have all fall. Saw my first chassing of the year last night. So for where I am in NE OH I think it is just getting started.

This AM
I saw 2 different bucks chasing does

And not 2 min ago 1:45 PM while I was hanging cloths on the line to dry
I saw a decent buck walk out of the small woods behind my house , graze on the radish we planted as ground cover

Then walk into the neibors woods

It apears the bucks are crousing , looking for the first does to come into heat

I will be heading out in a few min

John

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Down here in Warren Co.(SW) just seeing small bucks out cruising. I think the mature bucks are hooked up with receptive does or are doing the majority of their moving under the cover of darkness or very early or right at last light. JMO! Some are locked down for sure!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I got news for you guys.......

It's a ODOW Conspiracy to keep the deerz from breeding. They hired Coonie to draw all the does into his WNF enclosure with his 10 ton corn pile. Da big boys can't find no does, so they are either committing suicide on the roads (Badger's story), or turning queer on us (UglyKat's story). Put 2 and 2 together folks, something weird is going on, and it's gotta be the ODOW causing all this.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I got news for you guys.......

It's a ODOW Conspiracy to keep the deerz from breeding. They hired Coonie to draw all the does into his WNF enclosure with his 10 ton corn pile. Da big boys can't find no does, so they are either committing suicide on the roads (Badger's story), or turning queer on us (UglyKat's story). Put 2 and 2 together folks, something weird is going on, and it's gotta be the ODOW causing all this.

Im goin with Gregs theory! :)

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Baahahaha LMAO!

Seriously though, I think it's too early to throw the term "lock-down" around. All the reports I've been hearing the past few days have been great... lots of activity.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have seen chasing 2 of the last 3 days. Monster followed a doe into the woods today and chased all the smaller bucks off. Only saw one buck get up for a mid morning/afternoon stroll today. He was cruising without a doubt. Still watching some does in groups though too. I just think the first ones are becoming receptive. I don't think we are to the heart of the action yet. I hope not anyway.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
i am thinking some are definately getting locked down...at least where i sat yesterday..i went to film for a buddy yesterday and sat out from 2pm-dark and did not see a deer... another buddy sat on the opposite hillside as us and didnt see a thing either..

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Saw a doe in a cut bean field this morning with her ass backed up against the hog wire fence not 30 yards off I-70.. She was looking at about a 130 class 10 that was standing there staring her down. Both of their mouths open and tongues hanging out. There wasn't a tree around for over 1000 yards. :smile:

Buckmaster

Portage
I had a small buck looking around my backyard this morning. I'm 200 yards from Domino Pizza, Dairy Queen, and McDonalds. Now something must be beginning to smell good out there.