Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lone Wolf Climber Rebuild

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
A while back, I bought a Lone Wolf Sit 'N Climb off Milo. It was ready for a face lift, so I stripped it down, bought supplies, and now I'm in process with the redo. I have everything I need but the Hazemore seat, which I'll have Monday. My wife is on call this weekend, so I'm stuck at the house most of the weekend. Redoing the stand, bow, arrows and sorting/washing hunting clothes to keep busy!

Here's the stand in "as-is" condition:

20180729_141056.jpg

20180729_141107.jpg

Just got done spraying it down with the first coat of flat paint. Almost had it powder coated for shits and giggles, but the lead time was crazy. I'll keep the pics coming throughout the build.

20180810_165937.jpg

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good stuff man. I'll be following this one. I'm in the market for a new climber this year and the Sit and Climb is one of my choices. XOP being the other. I'm curious to hear how you like the Lone Wolf.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Looking good!

I have an old aluminum API climber that I refuse to retire. I refurbished mine last season. Wife did all the camo cloth material work for me. Turned out nice. Most comfortable stand I have all the way around, whether I'm carrying it with my gear or just sitting in it. Can't seem to part with it, so I'll keep using it and repairing until I can't climb anymore I suppose.

I recently retired two small platform hang-ons and picked up two larger ones right after the season ended when they were some awesome sales going on. I just need to hang the last one before the season starts.

Vermonster1121

Sheldon, VT
Good stuff! I remodeled a Summit over the winter and used almost all the same exact supplies you have.

I have a two year old Lone Wolf hand climber. I love how light it is and how it packs but it’s not very comfortable for all day sits. Figured I’d give the Summit a try.

Reactions: Jackalope