Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Long time coming

Jamie

Ohio
That's a great story, Brock. After seeing your setup and the amount of deer sign all around it, there was no doubt in my mind the old bow was going to get another chance. Good on you for getting it done. congrats.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks for sharing the history behind this bow Brock. Really enjoyed reading this as it brought back memories of many of my pursuits with Ron during our youth. Your dad must be very proud to see his legacy well intact as you and Mason continue your pursuits together. Congratulations on the successful trad hunt and I hope one day Mason gives you that same call.:smiley_clap:

Wmiller07

There are a few guys on here that should write for outdoor magazines. I would love to read more stories like this. I will always remember my first successful bird hunt and keep the gun that shot them. Excellent story sir.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
It's always great to read your write-ups Brock. Very cool story with some fantastic family ties, which makes all hunting stories better. Congrats on another very cool memory!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Love it. The doe killed was the tiniest portion of this story. What a tale! I was hanging onto every word. Thank you for sharing Brock!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
She's put to rest for now. I've dressed her back up in her one of her limb covers and half of her original quiver. I have no idea where the rest of her appropriate decorations are but I'll be sure to add them if I can find them. It's funny how we can assign life and personality to inanimate objects.

Rest easy, for now, Ol girl.

Attachments

• IMG_2049.jpg
    IMG_2049.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 145