Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Looking to learn more about todays campers

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Dave that’s the shit. More mobile and can leave at campground to ride around when your there. Can also pull a boat and enjoys wet areas.

Reactions: giles

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Well, I made it through all of it and yeah,,, I have to agree, it's good one!

@5Cent , you definitely shared some excellent info along with a few others.

That outfit you have @giles is real nice.

We're going to look at another camper tonight and some more tomorrow.

As far as my pickup goes, it was originally configured for hauling and I've hauled for years a big tandem axle trailer w/ power brakes with heavy equipment on it, a pair of 60" zero-turn mowers w/ additional lawn-care equipment, hauled all kinds of stone, mulch, wood/trees/logs, etc, etc...

It's got the biggest transmission in it for that time, heavy duty brakes, power brake unit, E rated tires, extra leaf springs & heavy duty shocks.

I've hauled some serious weight behind it and perhaps more than what I should've at times.

I also installed a 'Power Edge' computer unit years ago that allows me to change the truck setup for tow, which gives me another 100 plus more horsepower and another 200 ft.lbs. of torque to the rear wheels.

So I have no real concerns in that department and I'm not necessarily looking to put the biggest camper behind it.

I'll share this though, a new truck will most likely be my next big purchase after this. Maybe next year sometime.

Last edited:

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Be sure to look into hitches. I 100% believe it saved Adam last year when that tire blew out.

What kind of hitch do you have?

Have a pic of it you can share, that'll be nice to see, thanks!

Something like this?

Last edited: