Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lord, I hope this ain't true...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Jesse- OSU is deep with talent every year. I am not so worried. I wasn't sure Pryor was ready for pro ball, but didn't think he would be around next year anyhow. Hate to hear of this happening, but I don't think we will be looking at a four loss season. One, maybe two, but not four.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I'd say Pryor has a better chance entering the draft as just an athelete and not as a qb . I really hope he stays and plays (half) his senior year.

Either way i'd say we'll have to rely on osu basketball team to bring the state of ohio a ncaa championship...we're sitting at the #2 spot and looking good. :smiley_basketball:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I really wouldn't worry that much. Their first five games are Akron, Toledo, Miami, Colorado and Michigan State which should be the only problem.

Beentown

I was going to say the same thing.. It's not like osu plays anyone a bunch of waterheads couldn't beat the first half of the season.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
We'll lose the Miami game and MSU. There goes National Title and Big Whatever Championship. You know how Buckeyes fans are, that's a miserable failing season. Even with a Michigan win. If these boys come back, and I hope they don't, their first game back would be at Nebraska. That's most likely a loss. We're entering dangerous 4 loss territory next year and that fucking blows...

Here is what I think: Suspend them all right now, forever. Get them the fuck out of town. Terrelle Pryor is a piece of shit. Do you know how many Ohio high school football players past, present, and future would die for the chance to have a Big Ten Championship ring and Gold Pants?!? MULTIPLE RINGS AND PANTS?!? The fact that he would sell those simply to ink his own body when he's going to be able to afford a personal tattoo artist for his posse in two years, hurts me as a devoted Buckeye fan and former Ohio high school football player. That shows total lack of respect for this state, the fans, the Big Ten, the Michigan game, and his teammates who helped him get those. I hope I never see him in scarlet and grey again and the same goes for all but Boom. Boom needs sanctioned, but he didn't sell anything but helmets, pants, shirt, and shoes. Big deal. The others that sold Gold Pants and rings, can go...

It's a sad day to be a Buckeyes fan that's for sure. But be careful talking smack because these days, you don't know who's next. It's just big college football in the 2000's and every school has it's dirty secrets. I knew it was only a matter of time before something brought us to our knees. The former owner of our company told my old man the day we signed Pryor that would we eventually regret it. He's a huge Penn State fan (donated $88 million to the hockey program) and high school football fan. He knew about Pryor and warned he was a bad character. We hoped Tressel could reign him in and he didn't. You dance with the devil and you'll eventually get fugged. It's our time to get fugged...

Xactly, very well said. Where is the dedication to The Ohio State University? We don't want athletes who dont respect the responsibility of being a True BUCKEYE.

rrr

PLAY DEAL: Suspended Buckeyes will play Jan 4, return next season

NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- Five Ohio State juniors that have been suspended by the NCAA for the first five games of 2011 for their involvement in the sale of memorabilia will play in the Sugar Bowl, Ohio State head coach Jim Tressel said Thursday morning, but only after they gave the Buckeyes a commitment to return next season.

It was widely speculated that the players -- quarterback Terrelle Pryor, running back Dan Herron, offensive lineman Mike Adams, wide receiver DeVier Posey and defensive lineman Solomon Thomas -- might jump to the NFL a year early to avoid serving out the NCAA sanctions.

"I'm excited to say that all of our young people will be back. They want to be Buckeyes in 2011," Tressel said while addressing the media for the first time since his team arrived in New Orleans on Wednesday.

"They wouldn't be here if that weren't the case."

Tressel said he has no plans to limit the playing time of any of the players involved in the matter when the Buckeyes (11-1) face Arkansas (10-2) in the bowl game here on Tuesday.

Ohio State is appealing and seeking a reduction in the NCAA sanctions for next season, and Tressel said he has instructed his players that it was "not inbounds to talk about that situation" while the appeal is under way.

Oh goodie...TP is coming back.

I would guess that means that Ohio State thinks that they will get the suspensions reduced greatly...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Typical BS.. Over Ranked, Over Respected, money making machine.. THE NCAA is the most profitable slave traders in History.