Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lost my best property...

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I lost my best property this morning. The neighboring farmer had five illegal stands on his property and there is one on the property I hunt. So, everyone agreed to crack down and in the process I lost my permission. It was nothing I did. The owner of the property I hunted is going to ask the farmer if I can hunt his land since I went through the proper procedure and acquired written permission. The wife of the property I hunted found out and is ANTI HUNTING, so that is ultimately why I can't go back there. Think good thoughts and hopefully I'll get the neighboring farm.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
That really sucks specially at this point in the game. I wish you the best of luck on getting into the neighbors property so you can stay somewhat on the same deer you have put a lot of work into thus far.

rrr

That sucks man. As I posted yesterday, my farmer buddy cracking down ended up good for me.

(Offer to take down the illegal stands and see if you can keep 'em!)

Kujo

Maumee, OH
Mike, I hope the best for ya! if you look at it like this though, you got your first kill, and that itself had to make it a good season right there! Good luck with all this, and the rest of the season.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Mike, I hope the best for ya! if you look at it like this though, you got your first kill, and that itself had to make it a good season right there! Good luck with all this, and the rest of the season.

That's the way I see it. I got my first deer and that is all I could have expected. There's still a lot of deer running around my BG spot. Plenty of public land too.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
That's the way I see it. I got my first deer and that is all I could have expected. There's still a lot of deer running around my BG spot. Plenty of public land too.

OT.. Mike I have been meaning to tell you. Feel free to put your site URL in your sig. Linkbackas are always good for search sites.. :)

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Hate to hear about a few bad apples ruining it for the good guys, but sadly that seems to be the case more and more. Best of luck. Keep your head up and you will be fine.

i guess thats the way it goes . a couple guys mess up and its easier for the land owner to just say forget it . nobody hunts . do they actually think it will keep the trespassers out? hell no , just keep out the honest guys who will not harm there property .

thast why its so hard to find private property to hunt in my area , to many people screwing it up for every one else . i have two little private property spots to hunt one is 8 acres and the other is 20 acres , and there isnt much on either spot

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
All of your good thoughts must have worked. I'm going to be able to hunt the neighboring farm.
:smiley_cheer::smiley_cheer::smiley_cheer::smiley_cheer::smiley_cheer::smiley_cheer: