Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lucky day...Probably never happen again!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Me and the boys kicked one up today mousing in the field while we were shed hunting. Kind of ironic you just posted this up. You just don't see too many in the black color phase.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Heck of a nice yote right there. Surprised you didn't get that mounted. Would have been even better then just the pelt.

Congrats on a great yote man.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
If you shoot it Phil give me a call.

You know I will. Hope to get out and setup on it this week. I think a motion decoy and Foxpro setup with me brushed in decent might just do the trick.

I should add, this one was NOT very big. Surprised me really. If I had to guess it is probably one of this years youngins.

Kaiser878

ohio
Heck of a nice yote right there. Surprised you didn't get that mounted. Would have been even better then just the pelt.

Congrats on a great yote man.

If I were keeping it I would have gotten it mounted. My buddy who I hunt with quite a bit and I help him on his lease is who I gave it to.....Since the trap was on his lease, and that lease is where I killed my buck this year...I let him take it...I knew he wanted it and it doesn't really matter to me. If 5 years down the road I forget what it looks like I will just g o to his house and look at the pelt.haha not to mention I have photos.. He wanted to just tan it so I helped my neighbor who is a trapper skin it out, and I took it to have it tanned for him.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
That's cool as hell Zach. Congrats! :smiley_clap:

We had one on our farm a few years back during muzzy season. My buddy missed it one day and he still kicks himself for it to this day!