Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lungbuster Family 2020 - 2021

lung buster

hocking county
I guess I'll start one of these for the season to track our hunts. We lost 2 of our top properties this year and its been a bummer right out of the gate. We had stands already hung and had to pull them and regroup. Drew and Addy killed 20 or so squirrels earlier. Both have only deer hunted one time each. Drew missed a doe, hit a limb, and Addy seen a small buck last night.
We did get in a rabbit hunt for the youth weekend and had one chase with no shots fired. That should about catch things up and we will see how the rest of the season plays out.

20200904_093014.jpg

20200905_103210.jpg

20200906_110832.jpg

20200912_084201.jpg

They recreated an "angry pic" from a couple years ago when one them killed a tiny squirrel, lol..

Old pic
Screenshot_20201013-191635_Gallery.jpg

This yr
Screenshot_20201013-193835_Gallery.jpg

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Glad to see you back, and we'll get some hunts in together for sure out at my place if you're still up for the challenge. Good luck to you and your family Mike. I wish you all the best!

Reactions: lung buster

Isaacorps

Columbus
I always enjoy following along with y’all every year. Sorry to hear you lost your properties, that’s a huge bummer! Best of luck and keep the updates coming

Reactions: lung buster

lung buster

hocking county
Drew and I were pulling arrows from our target just prior to heading out this evening when out of nowhere a doe came exploding off our hill with a shooter chasing. They ran right across our yard as Drew was cocking his bow and reaching for a broadhead tipped bolt. Another buck that was smaller was behind them and stopped at 45 yds but drew didn't shoot him. He just stood there until our beagles started barking. Crazy! Its on and not a better way to get pumped to go hunting!

Addy and i ended up having a small buck chase a doe by us this eve and she could have easily shot but chose not to due to the size.

Drew seen nothing from his stand.

Drew hunts: 2
Deer seen: 1 doe
Addy hunts: 2
Deer seen: 1 doe, 2 bucks

lung buster

hocking county
Addy and I hunted this eve. Seen zero deer on what seemed like a perfect Halloween night to knock down a good one. I have always seemed to go out of my way for a Halloween sit, lol.

Drew hunts: 2
Addy hunts: 3
Deer seen: 1 doe, 2 bucks

lung buster

hocking county
We had no intention of hunting last night due to the election. I believe we have raised our kids right and we planned to watch the results as a family. No regrets on our family patriot time last night but we got double kick to the gut after sneaking in drews spot this eve and pulling the card...

20201104_174641.jpg

20201104_174741.jpg

Big Ugly was there in am and again before dark....unbelievable

lung buster

hocking county
Great hunt last night for Addy. About 5 we had 2 doe come in on our right side. She was gonna kill the big one. They were about 20 yds away when a shooter came behind them and ran the mom off. She wasnt able to get a shot at the buck. Later on they came running back by us with the buck giving chase and again no shot opportunity.
Drew hunted as well and seen zero. Drew is out of school for 10 days after today and ill be taking off next week some to help him draw some blood hopefully...
Back out this eve I guess....

Drew hunts: 4
Addy hunts: 5
Deer seen: 3 doe, 3 bucks, 1 unknown

lung buster

hocking county
Not much to update. Kids haven't hunted much so I have been going solo. Ive made 4 solo sits this week. Addy hunted Wednesday eve and seen nothing. Getting ready to head out now. Im not going to even try to wake up Drew.....

Drew hunts: 4
Addy hunts: 6
Deer seen: 3 doe, 3 bucks, 1 unknown
Solo hunts: 4
Deer seen: 1 doe, 1 buck, 1 unknown