Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Maddie Bell

Cogz

Cogz
TX
She'll be lucky if she doesn't face charges or retaliation. And her selfish act just harmed the real needs of other girls who were actually abducted.

Did the sheriff say how he knew she was being truthful and wasn't saying that with a gun to her head or some other sort of duress?
They probably asked her to come in to the station alone if they were able to confirm it.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
Glad she was found but I'm gonna go with she's tired of the relationship she had been in being with someone that long and that young having them live with you is not good. I know from experience i was dating a girl when i was 16 her parents died and her and her sister moved in with us from there it was down hill for us. I'd say another guy gave her some attention and she liked it more then what she had. Some people need to live out their wild days and sounds like she may never had the chance to. Hopefully it doesn't have anything to do with drugs I've seen that happen to good kids ones that you would least expect get into that shit.

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
The sheriff just called me... she has been found alive and well, left of her own free will, and does not want anyone to know where she is currently.
You have got to be kidding me...
Brock I appreciate all your work and dedication in this to Maddie, the family and your community - you are truely a special man - thank you

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Of course as a father, I'm relieved she is ok.
Also as a Dad, its horrible that a daughter would cause her parents such horrific heartbreak during the missing period.
I feel bad for what she did to her loved ones. This type of inconsiderate behaviour ages us 10 times faster than anything they did as children...

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
Of course as a father, I'm relieved she is ok.
Also as a Dad, its horrible that a daughter would cause her parents such horrific heartbreak during the missing period.
I feel bad for what she did to her loved ones. This type of inconsiderate behaviour ages us 10 times faster than anything they did as children...
Yes and wasted resources - dam shame all around - some where some people missed some clues to this happening

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
The amount of resources wasted on this thing is mind-boggling. All she had to do was make a call and she did not. There are no explanations for some people’s actions, and this is a prime example. Her now former boyfriend and her family are obviously tight, like many I suspect she wanted out of that relationship pretty bad... but I’m out of the assumption game for now. 😁
I’m glad she’s alive but would sorta like to see a public flogging or something. When the Sheriff called and told me I was blown away. He said she didn’t have the decency to call in, they found her through “good old fashioned police work”. He also said there was nothing they could do to her for the immense resources that were wasted because she is now 18 and an adult has the right to leave without a trace if they choose to. It’s just absurd.
I’ve kept myself busy this morning handing back money that local folks have donated for the reward fund. Amazing how many people were willing to fork over cash in an effort to get her home.
Thanks for the help here guys.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
It just never sat right with me for an abduction. Since you were so close to this brock I wanted to be careful of my theories but I was talking to Cogz in PM and said that Mom seemed to be rather smothering. The whole she always texts, calls no matter where she is etc. Kids don't usually voluntarily do that unless it's a forced behavior. Then the time line seemed very very short to me that she had only been gone 40 minutes and mom was texting and calling and immediately reported her missing. I don't know just seemed very controlling to me. But hey some people have that kind of relationship also. Then the BF thing. I got to thinking what her out would be if she wanted to breakup with the BF. It's not like she could just tell him to move out. And I'm sure if it was on the rocks that mom had input too. Who knows. The good news is she is safe and wasn't abducted.