Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Mail

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Same, we just got some Christmas cards that were sent in early December lol.
We’ve received Xmas cards in the last week that were sent in early too mid December. We had ordered and shipped presents well before Xmas and some still haven’t gotten them. Currently there’s a package too be delivered in Columbus that has been sitting there for 10 days and was in Greensboro for about the same time....
Fedex has been ok too ship with, UPS as long as they don’t pawn off too USPS is ok as well. Problem we see, especially in ordering online is when UPS hands off too USPS. That’s where things seem too go awry.....

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
They need too call and remind them it’s a mail issue. I wouldn’t pay a late fee until they can prove too me they didn’t get it. Also, they need too call the AJ office and let them know what’s going on.
They don 't give a shit- Medina said bills for utilities are due even if you didn't receive one - set up drop box - pay in person - or credit card - we got checks mailed weeks ago that have not been received - get n late payment calls

Last edited:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
They don 't give a shit- Medina said bills for utilities are due even if you didn't receive one - set up drop box - pay in person - or credit card - we got checks mailed weeks ago that have not been received - get n late payment calls
I’d still call the AJ and ask em if that’s allowable during a pandemic... 🙄

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
They don 't give a shitb- Medina said bilos for utilities are due even if you didn't receive one - set up drop box - pay in person - or credit card - we got checks mailed weeks ago that have not beennreceived - get n late payment calls
Our city utility bill back in December didn't get delivered until a month past the due date. People posting on the community Facebook page and the city page saying they hadn't received them yet. City told them it didn't matter and that the due date doesn't change so weather they received a paper bill or not it still needed paid on time. They had online billing and account access so people had the information in due time to pay their bill. No exceptions.

Mail was being held in Akron for a week at times. Shipped a package to Alexandria, VA the 1st week of December and it sat there for a week. It finally made it to NJ, then to DC, back to NJ, before finally making it a full month to it's destination in Alexandria lol.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Our city utility bill back in December didn't get delivered until a month past the due date. People posting on the community Facebook page and the city page saying they hadn't received them yet. City told them it didn't matter and that the due date doesn't change so weather they received a paper bill or not it still needed paid on time. They had online billing and account access so people had the information in due time to pay their bill. No exceptions.
I get that, most seem too just do the automated payment. But if you’ve got a section of your users who have been mailing in their bills for decades and don’t have a history of late payments, why be a dick about it? Is the few extra $$ worth pissing off the population you’re serving?

Reactions: hickslawns

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I get that, most seem too just do the automated payment. But if you’ve got a section of your users who have been mailing in their bills for decades and don’t have a history of late payments, why be a dick about it? Is the few extra $$ worth pissing off the population you’re serving?
They just don't care. Late is late no exceptions. They have online billing and account information they can access or have a family member help those that can't. They also have a drop box slot on the building so you can park uptown and pay it with a check that way as well. The city claims there are plenty of options to pay your bill so there is no reason for it to be late.

Paid my September catch up bill 2 weeks past the due date do to a job change because of covid. They didn't care. Wouldn't put me back on my budget so now instead of a manageable bill my bill is now 3x higher every month. They all want their money and they want it on time. They don't care the excuse

Reactions: Big_Holla

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
They just don't care. Late is late no exceptions. They have online billing and account information they can access or have a family member help those that can't. They also have a drop box slot on the building so you can park uptown and pay it with a check that way as well. The city claims there are plenty of options to pay your bill so there is no reason for it to be late.

Paid my September catch up bill 2 weeks past the due date do to a job change because of covid. They didn't care. Wouldn't put me back on my budget so now instead of a manageable bill my bill is now 3x higher every month. They all want their money and they want it on time. They don't care the excuse
Yep, but and there’s always a but.... There’s not been an issue up until now. How’s a person to know until after the fact that there’s any issue? The blanket statement of if you’re late you’re late regardless of the issues. Just doesn’t sound good enough too me, and I imagine most of who’d be getting the late payments.
Years ago Bank One of Ohio were posting deposits late Too incur late fees on its customers as a way too boost profits.... They learned the hard way why you shouldn’t and aren’t allowed too do that.... Maybe Medina needs a hard lesson as well....

Reactions: hickslawns

Bluefinn

Portage Co.
When US mail took a contract from Amazon to deliver their packages it slowed down our mail. I see mail trucks whipping around on Sundays trying to catch up. Wonder what Amazon is paying them?

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
When US mail took a contract from Amazon to deliver their packages it slowed down our mail. I see mail trucks whipping around on Sundays trying to catch up. Wonder what Amazon is paying them?
FedEx has the same deal for the "last mile" with USPS. Deal is if FedEx is getting behind the forward the package to the local postal service to deliver it.

A few things adding to the delay
1)FedEx and UPS have the covid vaccine taking priority.
2)lockdowns and fears drove online order to all time high that current services can't handle such a large influx.
3) all 3 trying to work together with 3 different strategies is making for a logistical nightmare.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
FedEx has the same deal for the "last mile" with USPS. Deal is if FedEx is getting behind the forward the package to the local postal service to deliver it.

A few things adding to the delay
1)FedEx and UPS have the covid vaccine taking priority.
2)lockdowns and fears drove online order to all time high that current services can't handle such a large influx.
3) all 3 trying to work together with 3 different strategies is making for a logistical nightmare.
2 of those 3 had a business model that was working.... Prime delivery service, and All of their contractors should step it up and pick up the slack. Beso putting it on the other carriers are going too sink em....

Reactions: giles

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
2 of those 3 had a business model that was working.... Prime delivery service, and All of their contractors should step it up and pick up the slack. Beso putting it on the other carriers are going too sink em....
That's what he wants. Have you seen how many Amazon trucks he has ordered? Semi trucks down to cargo vans. He doesn't want to share his empire with other delivery services if he can have it all. Overwhelme the competition and wait for them to fail. Swoop in and take it over.....to help them out of course.

Reactions: Bluefinn

Fletch

Supporting Member
Even the mail is F-ed up on the East Coast... Mailed out a bunch of Xmas cards on the 10th. of Dec. One of them was to my friend in Harrisburg, Pa. in that card I put a $50.00 bill for his daughter... He said he never got it... Oh well someone got a unexpected gift, so I chalked it up to a loss... This past Fri. he finally got it... Really??? It took over a month to deliver a card..

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I received a Christmas card Friday that was mailed on Dec 15th.... Yet somehow all of those ballots were magically postmarked and delivered on time..

Before christmas I watched a package from Florida arrive at the Birmingham facility which was immediatly sent to the Mobile facility. It sat in Mobile for 15 days before being returned to Birmingham where it was immediatey sent back to Mobile and then forwarded for delivery.

Reactions: Boarhead