Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Help Make More Gooder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Ok guys. Here we are. A lot has changed as far as functionality goes with the new site software. Some of it you might like, some of it not at all. This is the place to let me know. I'm not done making changes and want your input.

Some of the changes that are on my radar include.
Increasing the size of avatars.
Better showcasing the media gallery
Better award and trophy displays under avatars
Better coloring.
Increasing font size for thread titles

So lets hear it, this place is here for you guys and i want you to have a great user experience.

Thanks.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I’m lost but using my phone while out in the patch.
Maybe it will be easier when I get home next week.

I know you’ve worked hard to bring us this so I’ll just have to play around after I get home.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Couple things I have noticed thus far:

I miss the old "Go Advanced" feature. When typing a long post, I get a "flashing" effect as the text box and slide bar expands/retracts rapidly while I type. If there is an option to make the text box bigger, I am not seeing it.

I tried uploading a 5,700KB sized trail cam pic and it says the file is too larger. That will be a frequent issue for guys if we can't increase the file size for upload.

Other than that, I love the new software. Much better functionality and aesthetics IMO.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I miss the old "Go Advanced" feature. When typing a long post, I get a "flashing" effect as the text box and slide bar expands/retracts rapidly while I type. If there is an option to make the text box bigger, I am not seeing it.

I will see what I can do about about an advanced post option to bring up a separate page. One of the things about the old vbulletin site was it was a fixed style and XF is fluid reactive style. If you notice the text input box gets larger as you need more space. Is the flashing on Desktop or Mobile
I tried uploading a 5,700KB sized trail cam pic and it says the file is too larger. That will be a frequent issue for guys if we can't increase the file size for upload.

Indeed. I will add that to the list as a priority as that's a big one.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
So far it is pretty good. It is nice to have the "like" feature and also to be able to attach images. As with any change it will take some time to get used to it.

Thanks! You can also tag another user by typing @ and their name. A box will pop up with user suggestions as you type it @cspot

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I’m lost but using my phone while out in the patch.
Maybe it will be easier when I get home next week.

I know you’ve worked hard to bring us this so I’ll just have to play around after I get home.
If you have any questions or get stuck send me a pm. Don't struggle through it, my inbox is always open.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Love the new look and function. I ditched TapaTalk for good! Thank you!
So have I. I accidentally opened it out of habit a couple times today and closed it to use the native browser version.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
What about thread page numbers and last page direct jump, on the top of page 1? Its nit bad to scroll to bottom of the first oage to be able to jump ahead.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
What about thread page numbers and last page direct jump, on the top of page 1? Its nit bad to scroll to bottom of the first oage to be able to jump ahead.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to have page number and advancement options at the top of a thread on mobile too. They already are on desktop. I'll look in to it.

On mobile there are a couple of features that help with having to scroll less. If you accidentally open a thread to the first page you can tap "jump to new" and that will take you to the first unread post. If you want to get to the top or bottom of a page quickly you can tap the black up or down arrow box to jump.

Attachments

• 20180306_205422.png
    20180306_205422.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 611

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
We need a GIF function built in. Or is there one?

I saved a GIF to my desktop, then dragged and dropped in the box that will pop up when you click the Insert Image button. This function should work similarly on your phone, but you'll need to upload from your My Files area on your phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.