Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Matt's 2013 TrailCam Pics

matthewusmc8791

NE Ohio
Hello fellow bow hunters.. I went down to check cams and waited til 1300 to enter woods and bump a 4pt at my bait pile. Question I have for everyone is; have anyone else noticed a slight decline in buck activity? This past month my bucks on cam have disappeared. When I went to check my cams I did a quick inspection and freshened up my scrapes, which all had tons of tracks in them and I also found new scrapes in the general area of my mock scrapes. No rubs yet. BUT im really wondering in a month I haven't seem as many bucks as I did last time I pulled the cards. Also we brushed in our ladder stands and a couple clamp on stands and topped off feeder so we're set till we go down Halloween or unless we get a cold front move in... So whats yours thoughts fellas??

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Hello fellow bow hunters.. I went down to check cams and waited til 1300 to enter woods and bump a 4pt at my bait pile. Question I have for everyone is; have anyone else noticed a slight decline in buck activity? This past month my bucks on cam have disappeared. When I went to check my cams I did a quick inspection and freshened up my scrapes, which all had tons of tracks in them and I also found new scrapes in the general area of my mock scrapes. No rubs yet. BUT im really wondering in a month I haven't seem as many bucks as I did last time I pulled the cards. Also we brushed in our ladder stands and a couple clamp on stands and topped off feeder so we're set till we go down Halloween or unless we get a cold front move in... So whats yours thoughts fellas??

Always happens this time of year for me. While shedding they tend to get away from the group. Can't answer as to why but the building of testosterone is a good bet.

matthewusmc8791

NE Ohio
Yeah I was thinking that, but I was also thinking if that were the case i'd see individual deer??? I just hope there' isn't anyone sneaking around spooking them... I checked for ATV tracks and foot traffic in typical areas but didn't see any so im glad for that!!! just getting alittle concerned, don't want my hunt screwed up because of something out of my control... later