Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Matt's Cam

Matt

Norton, OH
I haven't really been getting many good pictures until I recently found a nice pocket on my hunting grounds. I have one of the earlier model Buckeye Cams. Yep, still kickin' strong!!!! Beat that!

I will let the pictures tell the story.

Oh, Ernie, those are the bibs I was talkin' about.

The treestand I shot my buck from is to the right of this cam about 10 yards.

Matt

Norton, OH
Nice pics.

Gotcha on the bibs, I like those cargo pockets on the front.

Yea, I like the whole setup. There are zipper pockets there in the chest region, hand pockets behind the cargo pockets and back pockets too. The matching jacket has the same style cargo pockets in the front, plus 2 diagonal zippered pockets in the chest. Couple misses: they are a bit bulkier than most suits, the hood doesn't detach, and while waterproof, the front zipper design on the jacket won't do me much good in a harder rain. There is a storm flap, but it's not the greatest. Still, for the price, I love em.

Matt

Norton, OH
Well that oughta confirm the whole peeing in a scrap theory ha ha ha

Wayne, not only did I pee in the scrape, but if you look in the first picture, I actually CREATED the scrape and the deer took it over. I try to do it every year and the result is always the same. Within a day or two (as long as the timing is right) those dang deer will take charge of that scrape like it's their j.o.b.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I just did that on sunday as a matter of fact. You're right, they will take it over for sure. The one I am anxious to see is the one I had my daughter pee in. She went with me to put.corn out and of course she had to pee. So I had her pee in a scrape and I scratched it up with a stick.
My wife picks her up from.school on monday and she is by the fence showing her friends how to make one.
Sorry to hijack a bit but it was too funny not to share.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Very nice pics. Thanks for posting them up for us to look at. I don't know what pic is my favorite thought. The second doe fight or that crow. I did see a couple bucks I would let the air out of lol.

I did the mock scrape this year and those hornballs took it over a couple weeks later. I think I might make a new one on the other side of the property now that I moved my setup.

Matt

Norton, OH
Cam has been fairly dead. Nothing really buy does, small bucks and turkeys.... lot's of turkeys.... (I have a feeder to the left of the cam now throwing corn in front of the cam)

Quite a few pics of em struttin...

And Moose made it through the season. He's #1 on the list for next year.

He has crazy mass as a young deer. I can't wait to see him next year!