Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Maxpedition Hard-Use Gear.

Buckrun

My son turned me on to these bags when I was visiting him last Oct. I ordered one last week. The one I got is called the Malaga. I am really impressed with the quality.

I have a bunch of suff packed away in the bag for the everyday stuff you may need. I have a lot more stuff I want to get put together to get in it.

They have a very large selection of bags. Check them out. There are a bunch of video reviews on U-tube also.

Maxpedition Hard-Use Gear - Condor II

Last edited by a moderator:

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I am going to seem a little
but I have more than one. I have mini ones in each vehicle with standard stuff...med kits, two bottles of water, one back up mag of carry gun (wife, father and I all carry the same gun 90% of the time), blanket, leatherman, roll of quarters, $75 combined of 5's and 1's and an old cell phone/car charger.

As for my big B.O.B it is TOO big now and I am going to take some stuff out. But here is the current list...

Shelter

- Packable 2 man tent, waterproofed
- 1 x 6 x 8′ 10mil plastic tarp
- 1 x large plastic sheet (painters plastic)
- 4 x space blankets
- 4 x emergency rain poncho
- 2 x roll duct tape
- 2 x 100′ + foot 550 cord
- 5 x 33 gallon trash bags

Food

- 4 x MRE Main Course Meals (Re-shrink wrapped)
- 4 x MRE 1.5 oz Peanut Butter Packets (Re-shrink wrapped)
- 4 x MRE Chocolate Brownie (Re-shrink wrapped)
- 4 x ER Bar – 3600 calorie 72 hour emergency ration bar
- Bagged salt and pepper
- 14 x 45lb x 24″ steel fishing leader (used as snares)
Water

- 2 x 1 Quart Canteens that have cups
- 1 x 2 Liter Bladder
- 1 x bottle water Polar Pure purification iodine
- 1 x bottle of iodine tablets
- 1 x Hiker PRO Water Filter (Filter good to 750 liters)

Fire

- 1 x zippo lighters
- 1 x container liquid Butane for lighter
- 4 x package waterproof matches
- 1 x bag waterproofed strike anywhere matches
- 1 Mag striker
- 1 pre made quick tender

Communications

- 1 x Portable CB/HAM/Multi Freq radio with rechargeable batteries
- 1 x emergency crank radio with recharge kit for mobile phone(s)
- 1 x prepay mobile phone with phone cards
- 1 x Signal kit w/ mirror
- 4 flares
- 2 x walkie talkie

Tools

- 1 x Collapsible fishing pole, fillet knife, lures, etc.
- 1 x leatherman multi tool (Actually have two of these)
- 1 x Altoid EDC Kit
- 1 x SOG full size K-bar
- 1 x Hack saw with extra blades
- 1 x mess kit with 4 spoons, 4 forks
- 3 x magazines for 9mm
- 2 x box 9mm 50 rounds JHP
- 1 x Yugo AK underfolder with three 30 round magazines
- 10x42 Wind River Binoculars
- String saw

Light

- 6 x eight hour light sticks
- 1 x Pelican flashlight
- 1 x crank flashlight
- 1 x 9 Hour Candle

Hygiene

- 1 x package of baby wipes
- 1 x shrink wrapped/crushed roll of toilet paper
- 4 x tubes of camp soap (from target or other camping shop)
- 2 x toothbrushes
- 2 x tube travel toothpaste
- 2 x package of dental floss
- 2 x tube of chap-stick or other

Clothing (all vacuum sealed or Space Bags)

- 2 x two pair boxer shorts
- 2 x t-shirts
- 1 x pair cargo pants
- 4 x pairs socks
- 2 x extra fleece
- 2 x pairs gloves-nomex/winter
- 2 x wool caps & Baseball cap
- 1 x spare sunglasses
- 1 x pair Hi-Tec hiking boots
- 2 x Summer and long sleeve base layer
- 2 x bandannas
- One set of warm and cold kids clothes

Medical

- 1 x Adventure Medical first aid kit w/ bandaids, neosporin, meds, eye drops, dental repair kit, tape, etc. (Large)
- 1 x bottle of claritin for allergies (50 + count bottle)
- 1 x blow out kit w/ H bandage, TK4, Traumadex, Primed, ACE, 2 safety pins, 14g needle, Nasal airway, gloves

Misc. Gear

- $100 to $200 dollars cash
- 1 x roll quarters
- 1 x maps of surrounding areas
- 2 x Pen, pencil, waterproof paper grease pencil, sharpie
- 1 x Thumbdrive w/ business, personal, and medical information
◦Copies of Social Security Card, Passport, Drivers License CCWs Weapons Ownership Documents, etc. in paper format as well
- 1 x USGI lensatic compass
- 1 x sewing kit with assorted safety pins. needles, and kevlar thread
- 3 x hand warmers (disposable)
- 1 x knife sharpening kit

As a family we have two places picked out in different areas of the US to go if SHTF. We still don't have a place to go West of the Mississippi if needed but I would rather die anyway :) Both places are packed with food, fuel, water, guns/ammo, and other supplies.

Beentown

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Just a reminder if you do make one don't forget to make sure everything that takes batteries, keep them seperate. If not they will corrode. I forgot and had the batteries leak all over the inside of one of my earlier attempts at making a BOB.

Beentown

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
It has taken me two years to get it where it is. Plus you would be suprised how cheap this stuff really is. It is making the time to do it right than about the cash. I am sure you used spend more than this on a good weekend of drinking and eating...except for the ammo/guns and mags.

Beentown

Buckrun

What I am trying to set up right now is what they call an EDC bag. (Every Day Carry) Then I am planning to branch out from there. I am not even close to having everything I want in it. But it is fun finding new stuff.

Beentown I am glad you posted everything you carry. It will give me new ideas. I have been watching all the videos on u-tube.

I have been trying to find a good bag to carry stuff in when hunting and just goofing around. I think I have found the company that makes the right bag for everything. But they are a bit expencive.

epe

Lancaster
I know now that if the SHTF, I am finding beentown. I always wonder how I would survive if anything went down, from a gas, power, ammo standpoint. Never thought about if I had to take off.

sent from my HTC evo

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
What I am trying to set up right now is what they call an EDC bag. (Every Day Carry) Then I am planning to branch out from there. I am not even close to having everything I want in it. But it is fun finding new stuff.

Beentown I am glad you posted everything you carry. It will give me new ideas. I have been watching all the videos on u-tube.

I have been trying to find a good bag to carry stuff in when hunting and just goofing around. I think I have found the company that makes the right bag for everything. But they are a bit expencive.

A good bag for less is the Voodoo Tactical stuff. Has MOLLE attachments and they come in about every size. Good zippers, fabric, and durability for the price. The only reason I have a Max bag is because I acquired it in some horse trading. If I were to be starting from the beginning I would use either an surplus store bag or Voodoo Tactical because that is more in my price range.

Beentown