Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Mechanic question

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Just too clarify, you feel it only in the pedal and not the steering wheel?
Neither actually. The steering wheel shakes a little bit it’s because the wheel is taking the blow I think...

Milo

Tatonka guide.
It’s getting better... must have been air....still not gone but we are 80%better after the coke bottle bleed... never had one act this way with air

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
It’s getting better... must have been air....still not gone but we are 80%better after the coke bottle bleed... never had one act this way with air

How’d the air get in it? I’ve bled brakes after a brake job and rarely get any air if I did t disconnect anything...

Milo

Tatonka guide.
How’d the air get in it? I’ve bled brakes after a brake job and rarely get any air if I did t disconnect anything...
There was some recall work done on it and it acted like this when I bought it. Got a discount becaus of it.. I changed the caliper a couple weeks ago and finally got a second to look at it. Makes me wonder if the dealer screwed it up. There was work done on the front end because there is silver sharpie on the hub

Reactions: "J"

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Same here.. no I have to determine if the air made the caliper warp the rotor again

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Same here.. no I have to determine if the air made the caliper warp the rotor again

Heat. Heat will warp a rotor. Did the air cause a malfunction causing one side to do all the braking? If so, you would have felt a ridiculous pull to one side.