Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Meet Redemption

Griz

NH
Its a good time to be in the deer woods. Nice buck, and moving four times in the morning, thats aggresive! It paid off.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Yeah, guys. That is one dandy of a whitetail! When Stacey's name showed up on my work phone, I knew that he had killed him. Needless to say, my mind left the job and the story telling started. I got home just as soon as I could after work. Once I pulled in at our deer camp, the celebrating started. Lol.
This buck is a stud of a deer! Not just his rack either! The neck on him measured 24" below the jaw, 34" mid way and 34" at his base. Field dressed 202lbs. We haven't put a tape on him yet, but that really isn't important right now.
Hats off to our friend Stacey. I admire his dedication, persistence and shooting skills that are hard to beat. He deserves this deer as well as all the others he's taken over the years. Congrats again, buddy!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Is a white beard required to hunt with ya'll?

Heck of a buck!

Lmao!!! Stacey,Ron,Tim(another buddy) and I have known each other,hunted and shot archery tourneys together off and on for nearly 30 years. Frosting on our hair follicles has really taken hold and neither of us are into hair coloring...lmao

We're just becoming old farts these days...:smiley_bril:

S Triplet

I don't get on here much, and post even less......I have to check on Ric & Ron from time to time to be sure they are not leading anyone astray.. lol...
On a serious note:
Ric ask me to chime in and check out this thread and make sure he had stuff right...well I'll tell ya, for a condenced version, he didn't miss anything.
Very cool Ric!
4 different stands that mornig..... that was a first, but the wind changes and the stand set just was not going to work.
Missed the buck a week ago by hitting a tree? That was heart wrenching....Adam (my son) made a comment about the miss, I said " hey!, I didn't miss, the arrow never got there".... Lol
I know that I am very fortunate to have harvested this Buck, let alone get a second chance at one of his caliber.
I had a pretty good day!
I thank you all for the kind comments!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Missed the buck a week ago by hitting a tree? That was heart wrenching....Adam (my son) made a comment about the miss, I said " hey!, I didn't miss, the arrow never got there".... Lol
I know that I am very fortunate to have harvested this Buck, let alone get a second chance at one of his caliber.
I had a pretty good day!
I thank you all for the kind comments!

You may not get on here much, but this quote of your post says a lot about you. You sound like a pretty good dude. I won't even hold it against you that you know Ric. haha

(Wish I lived closer and got to hunt with Ric. He and Ron are good people.)

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thank you Phil! There are lots of good people on this site that I would love to hunt with myself....you included buddy!

Inccidently Stacey put the tape to his deer today and was quite surprised with what he measured.

Left side- 82.25"
Right side- 77.75"
Inside spread- 17.75"
Gross score- 177.50"
Net score- 162.75

His mass per side was 18.90!!!

Stud